• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

discussion of the book (spoilers)

#27: June - Aug. 2006 (Fiction)
Snorkmaiden

Re: discussion of the book (spoilers)

Unread post

** Contains Spoilers **
Before Alba is born Henry meets her at the museum when she is aged 10. Clare gets a phone call to come and identify him. Clare (aged 40) speaks with Henry on the phone, then goes to the museum. When Clare arrives Henry is on the floor a few feet away and tells her he loves her just before he travels again.
I found it strange that the book never mentioned this from Clare's point of view after Henry had died. This would be one time where she got to speak to, and see Henry before the time when she is 82. It would be really significant for her yet never gets mentioned. I feel like the author just sort of forgot about that bit (I'm sure that's not the case but it's really bugging me).
rockhavenw
Official Newbie!

Re: discussion of the book (spoilers)

Unread post

This is one of my favorite books! I also "chose" to "go with" the situations in the book, and found them to be very engrossing, and "possible" (even though I saw some of the previously mentioned issues!) With a little imagination, it was easy for me to immerse myself in the characters and situations, and believe it all COULD happen! When I recommended the book to friends, most of them said they found the book's jumping back and forth in time to be confusing. I re-read very few books. This is one of them! In case you're interested: I also downloaded the Audible version, to share with friends on a road trip, and thought it was GREAT!
Jamie from Georgia

Return to “The Time Traveler's Wife - by Audrey Niffenegger”