• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Did OJ do it?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Did OJ do it?

Unread post

Did OJ do it?Results (total votes = 14):Yes&nbsp12 / 85.7%&nbsp No&nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspUnsure&nbsp2 / 14.3%&nbsp 
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Re: Did OJ do it?

Unread post

So far, everyone thinks OJ did it...interesting.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Shit, even OJ thinks OJ did it.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Graydon Wilson

Unread post

Other than O.J.'s children and the families of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman, who cares?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I care that this guy sliced up and brutally murdered two human beings and is now playing golf and sipping ice tea in a mansion as free as you and I.
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Unread post

I don't know whether or not he did it, and honestly, I'm not sure how most people have arrived at their opinion on the question. It seemed, at the time, as though everyone had an opinion on whether or not he had committed the murders, but almost no one had seen any evidence save for the helicopter video of the white Bronco racing along the freeway. And for most people, those opinions persist, though I can't think of a single person I've met that's given the matter more than a cursory glance in the meantime.The whole thing is more interesting to me as a test case of popular psychology than as a criminal case in itself, particularly given that popular psychology seems to have derailed the legal process.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

It would be a rather lengthy discussion as to why almost everyone believes he did indeed slaughter those two people.
riverc0il
Senior

Unread post

I think there is no conclusive evidence that the man actually put a knife into two people. However, the circumstantial evidence is simply overwhelming that he was involved somehow in some way, whether we was there or hired someone else to do it, who knows. Maybe he did actually do it himself, but unfortunately, based on the evidence, the jury really had no other options. The trial was a fiasco and the PD botched so much of the investigation. It is pretty sad that the OJ simpson verdict essentially became the JFK assination of the 90s in that most people remember where they were when the verdict was announced. I as SO friggin glad when it was over. That trial started me down the path of eliminating television from my life which I did a few years later.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

OJ does it for me. A glass every morning seems to revitalize me and give me so much energy.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.Once you perceive the irrevocable truth, you can no longer justify the irrational denial. - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Everything Else”