• In total there are 2 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Did Bush flip/flop?

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Did Bush flip/flop?

Unread post

First he states that the war on terror cannot be won (which was quickly explained away by his staffers to mean that he MEANT to say: 'Insert excuse here"), then he says we will win the war on terror.I can buy the excuses that he meant it would not be a 'win' in the traditional sense, but c'mon! A president has to be able to speak cleary on such an issue...jeez, on ANY issue, which GWB always seems to fail at.So, is this a flip/flop?Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. P
Dissident Heart

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!

Flippin and Floppin

Unread post

"Flip: America has a strong economy and a surplus. We have the public resources and the public will, even the bipartisan opportunities, to strengthen Social Security."Flop: Projected deficit for 2004: $445 billion. The Center for Budget and Policy Priorities estimates that, if Bush's tax cuts are made permanent, the revenue loss over the next 75 years will be triple the size of the Social Security shortfall over the same period. "Flip: My administration will give taxpayers new incentives to donate to charity. "Flop: The Congressional Budget Office reported in July that permanently repealing the federal estate tax would result in a 6 percent to 12 percent overall decline in charitable giving. "Flip: We will set Medicare on firm financial ground and make prescription drugs available and affordable for every senior who needs them. "Flop: The new prescription drug law covers less than a fourth of the total drug costs of the elderly and disabled, actually reducing drug benefits for millions currently covered by both Medicare and Medicaid, and prohibits Medicare from negotiating with drug companies for lower prices. "Flip: I will work to reduce nuclear weapons and nuclear tension in the world. "Flop: The administration announced in late July that it now opposes the inspection and verification provisions of an international treaty regulating nuclear materials. "Flip: We're learning to protect the natural world around us. We will continue this progress, and we will not turn back. "Flop: See road programs in national parks, rollback on Superfund, drilling in Alaska, snowmobiles in national parks, arsenic in the water, the energy task force, the Kyoto Protocol. "Flip: I want to change the tone of Washington to one of civility and respect. "Flop: Dick Cheney to Pat Leahy (Go f*$@! yourself)." Bush, Not Kerry, the Real Flip-Flopper by Dave Zweifel
deadcity12

bush told the truth...

Unread post

...for once. and then he took it back.
RickU

Re: bush told the truth...

Unread post

Dead - I'd rather put it in these terms -Bush made a reasonable statement - and then retracted it. It wasn't a statement of fact or fiction in this case...it was an opinion. But when Bush said that the war on terror can't really be won, he was on to something...too bad he's too much of a moron to follow it up.Go Kerry. In Vino Veritas
jk2005

MUST SEE: Videos of Bush Flip-Flops (Lies)

Unread post

Bush-Flipflop.com, new site with videos of bush flip-flopsbush-flipflop.com/ Everyone needs to check out this site and pass the link along to as many people and outlets as possible as quickly as possible ...

Return to “Current Events & History”