• In total there are 30 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 30 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Dead Sea by Brian Keene

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Chris_Morey

1E - BANNED
Official Newbie!

Dead Sea by Brian Keene

Unread post

Hey folks, just going to give you a quick summary and pros/cons list of what is now one of my favorite zombie novels: "Dead Sea" by Brian Keene.

Summary: The world that the novel starts in is almost completely overrun by zombies. The protagonist (Lamar) meets up with other survivors who eventually escape onto a large, old fishing vessel (at least I think it was a fishing vessel) called "The Spratling". It chronicles the journey of the survivors on the boat.

First off, I was aching for a horror novel based at sea, so this fit the bill perfectly. Then, it was also a zombie novel, which made it that much better. The adventure is pretty much perfectly paced, with the action intense and preventing you from putting down the book. The main characters are strong and multi-dimensional.

However, if there's one issue I have with the book it's that Keene didn't do the best job of creating tension between the characters on the boat. Excluding the four main characters almost all of the other characters were pretty flat. It just seems to me being stuck on a boat in the ocean with a bunch of strangers in the midst of an apocalypse there would be more tension between the characters themselves.

Despite all of this, the novel is extremely entertaining and a satisfying read. If you're looking for a twist on your typical zombie tale then "Dead Sea" by Brian Keene is an excellent choice.

Pros: Great pace, strong main characters, exciting and suspenseful
Cons: Things could have been a bit more interesting on the boat itself.
Overall rating: 9 / 10
sabrinassabrina
Almost Comfortable

Re: Dead Sea by Brian Keene

Unread post

The title sounds very interesting, but the contents....not so interesting. :L

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”