• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Dawkins on Behe

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Massive Poster
United States of America

Dawkins on Behe

Unread post

Some Behe better break out the blister creme. I had expected to be as irritated by Michael Behe's second book as by his first. I had not expected to feel sorry for him.www.nytimes.com/2007/07/0...ref=review
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Dawkins on Behe

Unread post

Sorry as in "Damn you are making yourself look like a fool?" I'll read that article.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Dawkins on Behe

Unread post

Oh, now I see. That is the first sentence of the article!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Dawkins on Behe

Unread post

This stunned me:...his own department of biological sciences at Lehigh University, has publicly disowned him, via a remarkable disclaimer on its Web site: "While we respect Prof. Behe's right to express his views, they are his alone and are in no way endorsed by the department. It is our collective position that intelligent design has no basis in science, has not been tested experimentally and should not be regarded as scientific."
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Dawkins on Behe

Unread post

Yes, I did like that article as well.Later Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a wellpreserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,shouting..."Holy Crap...what a ride!"
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: Dawkins on Behe

Unread post

Just becuase it should be posted:Lehigh Disclaimer on BeheandBehe's Faculty Page or "Irreducible Stupidity" (TM)Mr. P. But atheism is no more a religion than not playing chess is a hobby. - Robert Sawyer - Sci Fi AuthorI'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)"The Sentient may percieve and love the universe, but the universe cannot percieve and love the sentient. The universe sees no distinction between the multitude of creatures and elements which comprise it. All are equal. None is favored...It cannot control what it creates and it cannot, it seems, be controlled by its creations (though a few might decieve themselves otherwise). Those who curse the workings of the universe curse that which is deaf. Those who strike out at those workings fight that which is inviolate. Those who shake their fists, shake their fists at blind stars." - Michael Moorcock in the "Queen of the Swords"Edited by: misterpessimistic at: 7/3/07 2:48 pm

Return to “Science & Technology”