• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Coronavirus

Engage in discussions encompassing themes like cosmology, human evolution, genetic engineering, earth science, climate change, artificial intelligence, psychology, and beyond in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Coronavirus

Unread post

Coronavirus map.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6

I'm not sure who the folks sponsoring this site are, but the map is updated often. Not sure where they get their figures.

There's a lot of contradictory reporting about this virus, but from what I've read its tiny size allows it to pass through masks and then embed very deeply in the lungs. And it can remain viable without a host for 14 days or so. If that's the case, then we could carry it around on shoes, shirt sleeves and so on...until we're ALL exposed to it, eventually. What a mess.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Coronavirus

Unread post

At the top of that dashboard it lists the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University. One of the best sources of info on the spread of Covid-19.

Current overall stats:
126,660 have been infected globally
- 4,651 deaths
- 68,306 recovered
= 53,704 currently infected

Here's another good source of info, updated daily at 3 pm EST US.
https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/03 ... ronavirus/
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

I read today that the virus can normally live for only 3 hours outside the body, but up to three days on some surfaces. That's better than the 14 days that was originally being reported.

On the downside, there may not be any vaccine in the future. Does the article below seem accurate?:
A vaccine isn’t coming

...This is called antibody-dependent enhancement, or ADE. There is currently no effective vaccine for Dengue virus because of it.

If you’re thinking “it infects white blood cells? Isn’t that what HIV does?” The answer is yes, and that’s a big part of why we can’t develop an HIV vaccine as well.

So why do we think this Coronavirus causes ADE?

For starters, it is closely related to two other Coronaviruses, SARS and MERS. Neither of those have vaccines, and both have been shown in laboratory animals to use ADE to infect white blood cells....

investmentwatchblog.com/a-vaccine-isnt- ... nt-coming/
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

Does the article below seem accurate?
We should rely on authoritative sources of information on this virus, not anonymous posts on blogs.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I agree that we should rely on authoritative sources.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

Does anyone know someone who has caught COVID 19? Has your town/city been affected?

We have 17 confirmed cases in Maryland, but none yet here on the Eastern Shore, where I live. Obviously there may be cases that just haven't been identified yet.

It's really strange to live through this. And it's just getting started in the U.S.
-Geo
Question everything
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

I don't know anyone personally who has it, but that won't last long. There are 4 cases near where I work out of 13 confirmed in the State of Ohio. However to indicate of just how little we know due to the lack of testing, the Director of the State Health Dept estimates there are currently 100,000 active cases in Ohio. This is a bit of speculation based on incomplete statistics, but I expect 100K is more accurate than 13.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

This is all so surreal now
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

geo wrote:Does anyone know someone who has caught COVID 19? Has your town/city been affected?

We have 17 confirmed cases in Maryland, but none yet here on the Eastern Shore, where I live. Obviously there may be cases that just haven't been identified yet.

It's really strange to live through this. And it's just getting started in the U.S.
We just saw the first confirmed case in the Shenandoah Valley, in Harrisonburg, but none in Luray (pop. 5,000) where we live. That makes 19 known in Virginia. I still can't help hoping that somehow this turns out like Y2K--but of course it's already worse. I mean, could the virus just turn out to be more of a weakling. Wishful thinking.

I didn't realize you'd moved, geo. It must be a big change from Asheville, which seems to be a place people want to move to!
Last edited by DWill on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

So which sources are authoritative? The Washington Post? The New York Times? The NYT reported that having a flu shot decreases your chance of contracting the coronavirus:

But the opposite is true:

Prestigious VACCINE Journal: Flu Vaccine Increases Coronavirus Infection Risk 36%
https://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/prest ... isk%2036%2

And the first article I referenced in this thread explained why there will be no vaccine for this virus. The Wuhan virus is like SARS and MERS--all are a form of coronavirus. And no vaccine is possible for a coronavirus. Yet a couple of "authoritative" news sources below tell us:

Vaccine for new Chinese coronavirus in the works
cnn.com/2020/01/20/health/coronavirus-n ... index.html

Coronavirus vaccine: Scientists race to develop prevention
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51299735

I agree that relying on authoritative sources is important, but it’s the job of big media to lie to us, to get us to go along with the wishes of the oligarchs. Accurate news on this situation needs to come from other sources.

Dr. Francis Boyle was interviewed a couple of days ago by Alex Jones. Boyle has a long history as a watchdog of the public's interests. He wrote the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989. I trust this man more than I trust the ratings-hungry hacks who work for mainstream media. A transcript of the interview with Jones is at the link below. At least scan the parts in bold. It's important to know what "gain of function" is--"A mutation that confers new or enhanced activity on a protein.":

Quotes from Boyle:

[*]...what happened here, Alex, is that the Wuhan scientists took the North Carolina SARS with gain of function, which is already a biological warfare weapon, and they took the technology here behind this well-developed SARS HIV weapon and they all brought it back to the Wuhan a BSL-4 and tried to DNA genetically engineer it into a chimera, into a biological warfare weapon involving the coronavirus, the HIV virus and gain of function.
[*]...the Wuhan coronavirus leaked out of that BSL-4 facility. Let me repeat – even Chinese scientists are saying now, independently of me, it leaked out. And I believe it was probably an accident that there was a one of these death scientists there at the Wuhan BSL-4 facility trying to DNA genetically engineer the North Carolina technology, the Australian technology, HIV, SARS, gain of function together into the super biological warfare weapon and somehow got infected.

Full Transcript
newswars.com/full-transcript-of-smoking ... ronavirus/

But back to sources...Johns Hopkins is running the "Sick Map" linked to in the original post. the university receives more than 2 billion dollars per year in grants from the federal government. So whose interest is the university more likely to serve--the government's or the ordinary citizen's?

Johns Hopkins leads all U.S. universities in research spending for 38th year in a row
hub.jhu.edu/2018/03/23/nsf-research-fun ... -rankings/

Johns Hopkins was involved with Bill Gates in a recent coronavirus pandemic exercise:

"...Just a few months before the Covid-19 outbreak, an exercise was held by world elites called Event 201, where they simulated a global pandemic of a coronavirus that transmitted from bats to humans. Taking place in October, the event was hosted by Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, Bloomberg School Of Public Health, World Economic Forum, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. The simulation analyzed the health impacts, as well as the economic, lifestyle, and trade fallout from the virus."
stationgossip.com/2020/03/johns-hopkins ... ation.html

Bill Gates has a long history of involvement with vaccines and population reduction. He once said, "The world today has 6.8 billion people. That’s headed up to about nine billion. Now, if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by, perhaps, 10 or 15 percent..." So, by his own admission, vaccines are a way to reduce population--not save lives and increase population, but to reduce population.

And just this week Gates resigned from the boards of Microsoft and Berkshire Hathaway. He's freeing up his time for...something. He's run most of his vaccine experiments under the radar in Africa, so maybe this coronavirus will be used to depopulate that continent once and for all. Gates and his father are big supporters of Planned Parenthood. The woman who founded what would become Planned Parenthood called black people "weeds." It will be interesting to see how Africa fares under the "benevolent" attention of Gates and others during this outbreak.

And if you don't think the world's elites have such hidden agendas, look at the short clip about the Davos 2020 meeting. The video addresses the logo chosen for the event. The most powerful financial movers in the world met recently at Davos, and they gave their speeches from a podium located beneath a giant crown (corona) surmounted by 666s. Out of trillions of design possibilities, that's the one they chose. It wasn't by accident. Symbols are the most fundamental form of communication. Our controllers are masters of deception. They brag about their kills publicly, before our eyes, then claim that we're imagining things.

Davos 2020 Logo explained
youtube.com/watch?v=ZDeuPk2dkuw&fea ... e=youtu.be
(Prince Charles pictured. His father, Prince Philip, once said, "If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.")

Dr. Boyle said that Obama loosened the rules regarding research at the biocontainment facility in North Carolina. This allowed the Chinese to gain access. I wouldn't be surprised if Donald Trump is being set up as the scapegoat for the Wuhan outbreak. We're in a trade war with China, and an American virus appeared in China. The mainstream media constantly paints Trump as narcissistic to the point of putting his own interests ahead of America's, so, in order to punish China for defying him, did Trump order the release of the virus in Wuhan? It will not surprise me at all if the mainstream media begins marketing this idea to us. China's already talking about it, and the Leftist media in America invariably parrots the ChiComs' talking points.

If the media begins to spread stories like that, then Trump will need to take action. He could shut down news outlets. Lincoln did it during the Civil War. The presidency is part of our tripartite government, and an attack on it during a time of national emergency is sedition. The most likely worst offender will be MSNBC. For three years they led the pack in fake stories about Trump being a Russian agent. And now they're saying he's a "racist" for implementing travel bans. It they escalate their rhetoric to the point where they interfere with Trump's ability to perform his tasks, he will be justified in shutting them down. Take MSNBC off the air for 90 days, and the other networks should muzzle themselves.

Feels like 1000 words. End.[/size]

Return to “Science & Technology”