• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Coins circulating without

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Coins circulating without

Unread post

Coins circulating without 'In God We Trust'OH! What a tragedy! Quote:PHILADELPHIA - An unknown number of new George Washington dollar coins were mistakenly struck without their edge inscriptions, including "In God We Trust," and are fetching around $50 apiece online.The properly struck dollar coins, bearing the likeness of the nation's first president, are inscribed along the edge with "In God We Trust," "E Pluribus Unum" and the year and mint mark. The flawed coins made it past inspectors and went into circulation Feb. 15.Mr. P. I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.What is all this shit about Angels? Have you heard this? 3 out of 4 people believe in Angels. Are you F****** STUPID? Has everybody lost their mind? - George CarlinI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Coins circulating without

Unread post

I want one of these bad! I'm on eBay and see one person auctioning them with the current bid at $65.00. I am struggling with the desire to cast a bid, but I really don't have the money right now.
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Chris, I am no coin collector, but they are saying something in the tens of thousands (it was either 30,000 or 50,000 I forget which) went out. When I saw this on the news, I thought wooohooo they were made in Philly, maybe I'll have a chance of coming across one. Then it was reported they were all shipped down to Florida. I'd expect the price to drop a bit; and in the meantime, keep your Floridian eyes open for one.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

The problem is that they are dollar coins and they don't get circulated that much. When I buy stamps at the post office the machine will always give change with dollar coins, if your change is over $1.00, so maybe I'll get lucky and get a few of these.
MaesterAuron151

Unread post

Why would you spend $50 for 25 cents? Just like those Regan dimes that cost 10 bucks.Wouldn't it be a little wiser to wait a while and see if the value stays up? Every story must come to an end.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

There are many of us atheists that are dreaming of a day when "In God We Trust" is removed from all US currency. This "mistake" just makes a feel warm and fuzzy...like it is a sign or something.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Oh, that is so cool! I want one! Did you get one, Chris?

Return to “Everything Else”