• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Closet Atheist Exposed!

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Closet Atheist Exposed!

Unread post

Interesting experiment. I look forward to following this story.Atheist ExposedQuote:A 48 year old government worker, 30 year closet athiest, is exposing to her friends, co-workers and clients her lack of belief in God. This is an experiment in humanity and tolerance. Hoping for a good outcome. Approaching in a non-confrontational manner. These are my friends, and I care about them. I hope they can accept me as I am. My goal is to help my Christian associates have the knowledge, that they know an atheist, and she's not a bad person.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Closet Atheist Exposed!

Unread post

NickI'm wondering a few things, so if you could respond I'd appreciate it. Where did you find this Blog? With a search engine? As a brand new Blog she sure is getting plenty of activity.Did you read any of it? I'm considering adding this Blog to the BookTalk Home page section where we have Blogs. I guess I need to go through that list anyway. There are probably some inactive Blogs that need to be deleted.Any opinions on her Blog? I want to high-five her or give her a big hug. Congrats to anyone with the courage to come out of the atheist closet with such force. I'd like to follow her experiences via her writing, so lets discuss adding this Blog and trying to get fellow BookTalkers to read it and post comments.Chris
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I think she is great. I read about 6 entries. She is a shining example of how wrong those of the Xtian faith are about the ideas of morality and acceptance.I found this through the NBS Yahoo group.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

NBS? Never heard of it. Have a link?Chris
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Normal Bob Smith Group The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Just an excerpt:Quote:Reflecting some more on the initial conversation with my boss. I recalled that before he got to the nails screetching statement, while he was still staring at his hands, he painfully said "It's just so.... definate". I told him, "Yes, it is definate. I could have told you I was a humanist, or a naturalist, or a freethinker, or a bright, or a univeralist, or a number of other words, but they all mean the same thing. I specifically chose Atheist, because I didn't want there to be any confusion." I think that is my ultimate goal. To try to take the sharp edges off the word. How did that word become so horrible? So feared.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Wow! I think I like her. We need her as a member of BookTalk. We can add her Blog to our site and hopefully she will find enough value in BookTalk to add us to hers. Want to contact her?Chris
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I do not see an email on her blog, and I am wondering if leaving a message on her blog would be in bad taste...I do not want to look like a troll.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I just added her to our Home page Blogs. If you leave a message mention that we've added her Blog to our site too. I don't think its in bad taste to tell her we want her input on BookTalk. If she replies we can then discuss the link exchange.Chris
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Her name is Shirley and her email is now posted in the mod forum.Chris

Return to “Everything Else”