• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Capitilist Pigs

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Capitilist Pigs

Unread post

This makes me sick. Banks are draining our pockets faster than any tax cuts can help those who need it most.Pigs!Mr. P.A Veritable FeastQuote:Banks rake in more in fees but don't shareBy Kathy Chu, USA TODAYRising checking-account fees are taking their heaviest toll on consumers who bounce checks or use other banks' ATMs, according to a Bankrate.com survey to be released today.And banks are boosting their fees faster than the interest rates they're offering customers.This year, an ATM withdrawal from a bank where you don't have an account will cost a record average of $2.91, up 9.4% from last year. That amount includes the fee your own bank will charge you. The few remaining banks that allow no-fee withdrawals for non-customers are increasingly ending the free ride. Washington Mutual, for instance, began charging non-customers in November for ATM withdrawals. Of the 247 banks surveyed by Bankrate.com, 96% now charge for these transactions.All told, U.S. consumers will shell out more than $4.3 billion in fees this year
ADO15

Re: Capitilist Pigs

Unread post

and....? _________________________________________________________Il Sotto Seme La Neva
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I agree that things seem to have gotten out of hand, but consumers can avoid most of these charges.for instance...Don't bounce checks.Writing bad checks is illegal and you ought to have to pay a penalty. I've accidently written a few bad checks in my earlier days and I paid the fees. Back then the $26 Bank of America charged was pianful to pay, but I learned my lesson and haven't written any more.Keep a minimum balance to avoid monthly fees.This can be easier said than done, but easier done than most people are aware. A working adult should never have less than a few hundred dollars in the bank or they are not managing their money wisely. With this said I have personally fallen below the minimum level and been charged fees, but this doesn't change the fact that it was poor personal decisions that got me in that position.Not only should we all continually save money with each paycheck, but we should be planning for our retirements. The bottom line is we should all have enough in our accounts or else we're screwing up. And yes, this is taking into consideration the reality that some people are almost always broke. This is still not a good excuse, but the explanation would take more time than I have right now. I suggest people read "Rich Dad, Poor Dad," and "The Millionaire Next Door" for excellent suggestions on how to manage their personal finances.Use a bank that has no fees or plenty of ATM'sBank of America is one such example.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Quote:Don't bounce checks.There are people who do not do this on purpose...sometimes things just hit at the wrong time. This happens to me every so often (mostly because of purchases the wife makes and some auto-payments hitting before my deposits go through). It is excessive to charge the amount they charge. It is criminal, IMHO.Quote:This can be easier said than done, but easier done than most people are aware.It is not that easy for people like me...and I assume the many, many more that live beyond paycheck to paycheck.Quote:The bottom line is we should all have enough in our accounts or else we're screwing up.Again...it is not always that easy. Life is not that easy. There are millions and millions that just barely make it. One car repair can cripple a lower middle class family for months.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Everything Else”