• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Can't remember a title/author...

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
bobw1o

Can't remember a title/author...

Unread post

Hi!

Can anyone help me out? I'm looking for a mystery novel that came out a few years ago about undead/unliving people. The main character is a detective who has become one of these people and solves the mystery of a woman's attorney father. These people exist as if they are a normal living person, but when they see each other they can see a blue aura surrounding their bodies.

Every year these people meet at a partially submerged old rusted ship in a bay below a blue moon that appears in the sky. I believe the story takes place in Los Angeles, but could also be somewhere else in California.

The evil undead wear pea coats. The detectives mother is a former actress now in a nursing home. The detective himself drives her old vintage cars kept in her garage.

The book begins with a car accident that kills two teenagers, one of which stumbles out of the car with a blue aura. The detective sees him and takes him under his wing to help him understand the world he is now a part of.

The missing father is one of these people at is on the old ship his body falls over and his "spirit" or whatever passes.

I think the book's title is one word, but I could be mistaken.

If anyone has any insight as to what this book's title is or the name of the author, I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much!

Bob (with 1 o) |-)~

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”