• In total there are 32 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 32 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Buster the Talking Dog (Me Tawk Funny 2)

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
blinkyblinky
Getting Comfortable

Buster the Talking Dog (Me Tawk Funny 2)

Unread post

Hey everyone!

I enjoyed writing "Me Tawk Funny" so much, and it sold so well (1 copy :D) that I went ahead and wrote a sequel!

Buster the Talking Dog
30 pages
Suitable for kids aged 6 to 13

BOOK DESCRIPTION
After his earlier adventure, Hector Dumble is determined to get his dog Buster talking again. So he sets up a laboratory in his bedroom and starts mixing and boiling and evaporating and condensing ...

Unfortunately things don't quite go according to plan. Will Hector's hard work pay off in the end? Find out in this shaggy dog story for kids aged 6 to 13.

EXCERPT
When Hector and his father arrived at the park, it looked like a bomb had dropped. There were feathers scattered around the duck pond, there were chairs and tables overturned at the cafe, there were ice cream cones scattered across the ground by the ice cream truck, there were kids crying by the swings, there were squirrels crying in the trees ...
It was a mess and no mistake.
A police van was parked by the gate and a bunch of policemen were standing around. One of them was having his hand bandaged. Hector and his father approached them.
"Excuse me, officer," said Mr Dumble. "You haven't seen a dog, about so high, brown, with sticky-uppy ears, have you?"
"Are you kidding?" said one of the police officers. "That's the canine who caused this salmagundi of discombobulation,"
"Pardon?" said Mr Dumble.
"The canis domesticus who instigated this cornucopia of pandemonium."
"Eh?" said Mr Dumble.
The police chief came over. "Don't mind Larry," said the chief. "He always uses big words when he's traumatized. What's the problem, sir?"
"Well, um, you see, the thing is, it's like this ..." said Mr Dumble.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”