• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Bush Eavesdropping: What is YOUR opinion?

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

riverc0il
Senior

Re: Bush Eavesdropping: What is YOUR opinion?

Unread post

Those who suppress freedom always do so in the name of law and order.John V. LindsayThey that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.Benjamin Franklin
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Thanks for the quotes, but how do you feel personally. Are you aware of the details of the eavesdropping?
Niall001
Stupendously Brilliant

Unread post

Eavesdropping? Surely you mean spying! Let us agree, there is no one single reality. Not upon this stage, not in this world, all is in the mind... imagination is the only truth. Because it cannot be contradicted except by other imaginations - Richard MathesonThere are no conclusive indications by which waking life can be distinguished from sleep - Rene Descartes
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Listening to suspected terrorists calls to people within the USA.
riverc0il
Senior

Unread post

i am aware that wiretaps are being reviewed and renewed every 45 days under the current administration allowing wire taps without going before a court for a warrent as normally required. i am not sure how this is, is this the patriot act in effect?i personally feel much the same as the quotes i mentioned. fighting terror by stripping citizens of their rights is not appropriate. we lose when this happens, the terrorists win. maybe not by killing people, but they have effectively damaged the state of the country.the major issue i have here is the lack of check and balance and accountability. should suspected criminals be wire tapped? yes, per the standard and legal means that all citizens have a right to, which i believe would be going to the court to make the request. also, the entire power of this in the hands of the executive administraion. given events over the last few years, do you trust the current admin with your personal rights without a check and balance? they could b wire tapping any one under the pretense of fighting terror. but without accountability, who will ever know?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Excellent points and I have to agree with each and every one.

Return to “Current Events & History”