• In total there are 19 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Board Hop - January 2004

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Jacqui Stafford

Board Hop - January 2004

Unread post

Hi,I have bookmarked your board, Book Talk, for possible inclusion in a forthcoming Board Hop in January 2004.Our recent Board Hop was very successful and most of the 43 participating boards have asked to be included in the next one. At the moment I am searching for other boards to include, so that the next Hop will include some boards that many of our members haven't yet seen.If you are not familiar with what a Board Hop entails, I post a couple of links into one of your forums - this is usually a general discussion forum. One link leads to another board and the other is for anyone who encounters a broken link (hopefully this doesn't get used). The Hop consists of a lot of boards arranged in a loop (or more than one loop if a large number of boards are involved).At an agreed time, members of all the boards click their links and visit the next board in the Hop. They spend some time on each board introducing themselves and maybe sharing in some discussions before clicking the link on that board and moving on. Each board in the recent Hop has benefitted from an average of 40 new posters. New friendships have been formed and some of the boards have linked via their webrings.Boards which are MBA at the time of the Hop are not eligible for inclusion.You may be interested in reading some of the feedback from our recent Hop at:pub169.ezboard.com/ffacts...=186.topicObviously the key to a successful Hop is the inclusion of interesting boards and this is why I am approaching you.If you would like to be included, please click my username and send me a message. That's all you need to do at this stage. I will then contact you nearer the time and post an introduction on your board for the benefit of your members.Thank youJacqui Proud member of The Media and Facts and Fun
Jeremy1952
Kindle Fanatic

Re: Board Hop - January 2004

Unread post

What do they have against Masters in Business Administration? Science is neither a philosophy nor a belief system. It is a combination of mental operations that has become increasingly the habit of educated peoples, a culture of illuminations hit upon by a fortunate turn of history that yielded the most effective way of learning about the real world ever conceived. E.O.Wilson
Jacqui Stafford

Unread post

Nothing whatsoever.Boards that are Membership by Approval tend to spoil the momentum of a Board Hop though. Proud member of The Media and Facts and Fun
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I applaud the effort, but am not sure how involved our members will wish to be. Unlike most boards we have an extremely narrow target audience. If people want to participate then I say go for it, but I have no interest in posting on 40 different EZBoards. The moment you post on an EZBoard you are in their member database, and subjected to any and all mass emails they send to members.What sounds like even more fun is a chat room hop. Imagine having representatives from a series of EZBoards sitting in their chat rooms at a given time. People who wish to participate in the chat room hop would all start in one location and then follow a leader on a hop to all the others. Once in a chat room the representatives could talk a bit about the community and answer questions. This is much easier than posting on each message board and then being expected to respond to the existing members who respond to your post.Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be."

Return to “Everything Else”