• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Atheist Universe: Why God Didn't Have A Thing To Do With It

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Atheist Universe: Why God Didn't Have A Thing To Do With It

Unread post

Atheist Universe: Why God Didn't Have A Thing To Do With It by David MillsBook Description (Amazon)Is there really a God? Or does God exist only in our heads? Is the Bible truly God's Word, or a jumble of fanciful myths? THE WORLD'S BEST-SELLING BOOK ON ATHEISM is your front-row ticket to mankind's most enthralling debate. An atheist for thirty years, David Mills argues that God is unnecessary to explain the universe and life's diversity, organization and beauty. This unique and captivating book rebuts every argument ever offered to "prove" God's existence and the Bible's credibility
Keith and Company

Re: Atheist Universe: Why God Didn't Have A Thing To Do With

Unread post

Just a question:"* Can atheists prove that God does NOT exist? "How, exactly, do they approach the 'can't prove a negative' assertion of so many? Keith's Place
Minnesota Joe

Unread post

I'll vote for this book with some misgivings. First, it isn't a very rigorous defense of atheism or naturalsim (see Sense & Goodness Without God: A Defense of Metaphysical Naturalism by Richard Carrier for better arguments). Second, it focuses more on the beliefs of religous fundamentalists, not the more slippery views of some theists.However, I can heartily recommend this book as an excellent introduction to atheism. Especially enjoyable is Mills' Interview with an Atheist chapter.OFF TOPIC************************************Quote:How, exactly, do they approach the 'can't prove a negative' assertion of so many? Because that assertion isn't true. Of course you can prove a negative. Several ways:(1) Observation: "There are no elephants in my room" is proved because I look and there are not any elephants in my room.(2) Self-Contradiction: If a property of God is logically impossible, say omniscience, then God cannot exist.(3) Reality-Contradiction: If a property of God is incompatible or probably incompatible (all-goodness) with something found in the world (evil), then God does not or probably does not exist.************************************
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Is this a book that belongs in the quarterly suggestions thread? Or is this simply a book you think members would enjoy?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”