• In total there is 1 user online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Are We Willing to Fight?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
marti1900

Are We Willing to Fight?

Unread post

In the Forum Development thread about possibly rethinking BookTalk, Tacitus saysQuote:So the idea we are unwilling to fight, is hard for me to conclude. Especially hard for a guy joining the Marines (every Marine is a rifleman) who has gotten advice from several of the veterans on this forum. Also, the lack of an ideology is not something that makes people unwilling to fight. I may not have a religious moral base to draw from, but ethics is a subject deeply of interest to me. I think one of better ethical arguments about going to war nowadays was put forward by Richard Marcinko who does make an ethical argument (based in the Western Tradition) but not a religious one.PC, I think you are overthinking the issue, and making the matter too complicated. People are willing to fight if they are personnally affected or have personal passion. Very few people will fight for anything from a dispassionate stance of thoughtful logic. Marti in Mexico
Keith and Company

Re: Are We Willing to Fight?

Unread post

Have you looked at...Atheists in Foxholes?I'm on page 5 at the moment. Wow, i was on page 2 last time i looked. Keith's Place

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”