• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

* Archived Book Suggestions *

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
JulianTheApostate
Masters

Moral Politics

Unread post

George Lakoff's Moral Politics: How Liberals and Conservatives Think would be an excellent choice. It's one of the most enlightening books I've read, and it would provide us plenty to talk about.www.amazon.com/exec/obido...s&n=507846
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: Book Suggestions

Unread post

Well...the books will not go away, we can always refer to the threads.LOCK and UN-PIN them is what I should have said.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Everything and More

Unread post

Mad & NickThe problem I see is that some members might get frustrated. Should they keep making the same suggestion over and over again? ...from one quarter to the next? If their book wasn't picked to be on a poll, but was in every way qualified for a poll, how do they keep it as an option?I'm frustrated with the system too.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Everything and More

Unread post

Maybe the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. You guys wanna talk in the chat room right now?
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Re: Moral Politics

Unread post

Sorry I missed the chat -- my online time is limited. I'll try to think up some solutions and suggest them later on.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Imperial Grunts

Unread post

MadWe're going to go with a new thread each quarter. I just have to edit the site and mqake it known. Thanks for the feedback and help with this issue.Chris
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Book suggestions for quarterly readings

Unread post

This thread is being permanently locked. All this means is that you can't make posts here any longer, but you can definitely look through it for ideas. We're going to start having a new book suggestion thread for every quarter.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”