• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Anyone interested in making a small donation to BookTalk?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Anyone interested in making a small donation to BookTalk?

Unread post

Anyone interested in making a small donation to BookTalk?I don't ask for donations very often, but for some reason they have dried up completely lately. So I'm asking. We have a new ezboard bill coming due next week for $78 and we've only got $10 in our Community Chest. This means we're $68 short. If nobody steps up and pitches in a few dollars I'll be paying the fee. We don't want pop-up ads on BookTalk, so paying this $78 fee is essential.We've also got plenty of recurring monthly charges that most members probably don't consider. Our Amazon.com referral fees and Google AdSense fees do not cover all costs associated with running BookTalk. I'm not looking to make a profit or even break-even, but it sure would make me feel appreciated if a few active members clicked on the "Community Chest" at the top of the forums page and made donations. Anyone contributing money will have their name added to the list of contributors on the Support page. Once we have the sidebar up and running you'll see a list of contributors on the sidebar.I'm not sure what else to do to motivate some of you to donate a few dollars. I've had a thread in the BookTalk News & Development forum for a long time. Also, I've asked for donations up top in the small text near the Community Chest for the past week. Obviously, I don't want to be obnoxious, but isn't there a single member that wants to help?
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: Anyone interested in making a small donation to BookTalk

Unread post

Ok...open your hand, close your eyes and dont mind the warm, wet feel.Sorry...it just came to me. Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.Once you perceive the irrevocable truth, you can no longer justify the irrational denial. - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Eww, Nick! Chris isn't looking for that kind of donation! Seriously, I know that Chris spends a lot of money on BookTalk and appreciates donations.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I know. I would love to donate more. When I catch up with finances I will throw a bit into the pot.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.Once you perceive the irrevocable truth, you can no longer justify the irrational denial. - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Throw a bit of what into the pot?
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

The real question is throw what into WHOS pot! Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.Once you perceive the irrevocable truth, you can no longer justify the irrational denial. - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

LanDroid just kicked in $35 and I am extremely appreciative. I'll add LanDroid to the list of donors when I get a few minutes. And as I mentioned before, all donors will see their names on the sidebar eventually.For those that don't realize the costs associated with this community I'll just add a few notes here. Last night I signed on to an ad campaign committing $150 per month to Google AdWords. I'll explain later.Thank you very much Landroid. I really appreciate your help and it makes me feel like you appreciate what I put into this community.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”