• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Another model Christian?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Another model Christian?

Unread post

Well it happened again, more religious intolerance, right after I moved to New York I was approached by one of my neighbors, we had a pleasant conservation about Florida and my move to the area as well as his job and the work that I do.When we finished I felt as if I had made a good contact in the community, maybe even a friend. But as I turned to walk away he mentioned that his brother was a preacher at the church down the road and asked if my wife and I would be interested in joining. I was tempted... to say... Im an atheist.But I did not say atheist.I simply said that we were not really churchgoers. We shook hands and parted ways.I was not sure at first but it is clear now, this good, tolerant, compassionate Christian will no longer have anything to do with me. I have seen him peeking out of his curtains at me when I walk by and when I waved he pulled the curtains shut. If you have ever seen an animal caught in the headlights of a vehicle then you would recognize the little dance he did for me when I was taking the trash out one night. He was hopping from one direction to another looking for the most convenient escape route. When I approached and said hi, he simply looked at the ground and walked quickly past. He herds his children away from me whenever I walk in their general area, like my heathenism is going to jump off onto them.This has been ongoing now for a month. Either I have grown horns (that I am somehow unaware of), or he is offended by my lack of religion. But Christianity does not condone intolerance... right? And now comes the flood of posts claiming that he must be a statistical anomaly.I must be a wierdness magnet then. Later Edited by: Frank 013 at: 3/15/07 11:25 am
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Another model Christian?

Unread post

Want me to mail you a BookTalk bumper sticker!? hahaha He would probably try to have you exorcised. You can put it over that old worn out sticker you currently have - "Available for All Male Gang Bang" I know, I know. I'm an idea man.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Holy crap!That might have been what set him off, (not the gang bang thing) my darwin fish! I completely forgot about that little guy.Later
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Yes, that could do it.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Hmmm..do you guys really think that a Darwin Fish would offend an otherwise intelligent person? I thought that this type of theist simply did not exist.I guess the reason I dont have many friends where I live is due then to that "Jesus getting ass raped" fish I have on my car...huh?And I thought I smelled or something! Glad to find out it is not anything I did!Mr. P. I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - Asana Boditharta (former booktalk troll)The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.What is all this shit about Angels? Have you heard this? 3 out of 4 people believe in Angels. Are you F****** STUPID? Has everybody lost their mind? - George CarlinI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Quote:Mr PI guess the reason I dont have many friends where I live is due then to that "Jesus getting ass raped" fish I have on my car...huh?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Mr. P: "Jesus getting ass raped" fishI always assumed the Jesus fish was compliant...
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Quote:IrishrosemI always assumed the Jesus fish was compliant... What a great Monday I am having so far!Later
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Man I was out of it when I was writing this post last time.Everywhere I wrote "Jesus" fish replace it with "Darwin" fish.Later

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”