• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Another Intro

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Hummel145

Another Intro

Unread post

Hi, I am Hummel, originally from Hamburg, Germany. From reading the discussions in some of the forums and the intros it seems to me that I must be the "Ancient One", maybe that should become my new name.I have lived most of my adult life in New York City, but moved to a rural area in upstate New York about five years ago. I have raised three children, ran a couple of businesses, went back to school and finished my associate degree last year. To me that was a real treat, I couldn't go to college when I was young - finances, finances, finances, etc. I am currently mulling over the idea of finishing my bachelor degree. Don't know if it is worth the effort and money, sitting in and monitoring courses might be just as satisfying.Even though I have had a very busy life, I have always found some time to read - even when it meant stupid mysteries when I was too tired to digest anything meaningful. Hope I will fit in with this group, because sharing what I got from a book with others and hearing their viewpoints is what I have been missing. I love history, politics, philosophy, gardening, and hearing what others find important in life. Anyway, this is way too long - I am a novice at forums, so please be patient and show me the way when necessary.Hummel - "The Ancient One"
Kostya

Re: Another Intro

Unread post

Hi Hummel,I don't know if you are the "Ancienest" :-) One in BookTalk, but one's age does not matter all that much anyway - at least not in my book... I think it is safe to assume that most of us here like reading and discussing books. I am sure that many enjoy history, politics, philosophy, sciences and many other important and interesting subjects. It looks like you will fit right in. Welcome to BookTalk and I hope you will enjoy your stay. Kostya
ZachSylvanus
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: Another Intro

Unread post

Glad to have you with us, Hummel. Hopefully you can share your love of reading with us, and take part in next month's selection. If you truly are ancient, you'll probably have some good insight for us :D

Return to “Everything Else”