• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

Ann Coulter

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Ann Coulter

Unread post

Did anyone see Ann Coulter say that "[Canada} should be grateful that we let them live on the same continent" last night on Fox News?Was anyone else insulted, appauled and sickened by it?Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. PI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
jjacobs43

Re: Ann Coulter

Unread post

She makes it pretty hard to ever take her serious. But she's getting rich off of her little routine so I don't anticipate her ever shutting up.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I was so pissed...and little lap dog Hannity went right along.A$$wholes!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. PI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Niall001
Stupendously Brilliant

Unread post

See the problem here is Hannity or Coulter. Its you guys. Why are you watching FOX? You're only helping people like her by watching that channel. If everyone who hated FOX stopped watching it, they wouldn't be half so popular, which would mean less revenue, which would mean less money for the assholes on it and so on and so on. Let us agree, there is no one single reality. Not upon this stage, not in this world, all is in the mind... imagination is the only truth. Because it cannot be contradicted except by other imaginations - Richard MathesonThere are no conclusive indications by which waking life can be distinguished from sleep - Rene Descartes
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I try to injest all sides of the issues, so listening and watching the competition is necessary to me. How else to fight them if I do not know them!?I am not a neilson family anyway...my watching is not helping or hurting any show here.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. PI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Niall001
Stupendously Brilliant

Unread post

Fox is part of a circle of reinforcement. It doesn't just reflect the views of those who believe in it, it creates the views. It is reinforced in doing so because it gains a greater share of the market. People watch the shows (even if they hate the shows being shown) and this is reflected in the ratings which encourages sponsorship via advertising. This allows the company greater resources and allows them to advertise more heavily, which of course leads to more viewers.When it comes to bad entertainment, the best option is to ignore it. Just look at how The Passion of the Christ gained publicity from the ridiculous anti-semetic protests.FOX isn't part of the solution, its part of the problem. If a station with the same business plan and a liberal or moderate stance appeared tomorrow, it would be as big a problem. Good journalism shouldn't be about ratings. FOX isn't journalism, its entertainment. If you want to know about the views of these people, read some of their journalism. No idea what a Neilson family is. Let us agree, there is no one single reality. Not upon this stage, not in this world, all is in the mind... imagination is the only truth. Because it cannot be contradicted except by other imaginations - Richard MathesonThere are no conclusive indications by which waking life can be distinguished from sleep - Rene Descartes
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Ratings are based on the NEILSON families: Families that are selected and monitored for what they watch. The results are extrapolated out statistically. That is what ratings are based on.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. PI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Niall001
Stupendously Brilliant

Unread post

Seems rather unscientific, but I don't know enough about it. Let us agree, there is no one single reality. Not upon this stage, not in this world, all is in the mind... imagination is the only truth. Because it cannot be contradicted except by other imaginations - Richard MathesonThere are no conclusive indications by which waking life can be distinguished from sleep - Rene Descartes
jjacobs43

Unread post

The best thing to do is to actually watch the show and then boycott any company that advertises during it. If enough people joined in it could have enough of a financial impact to force FOX into airing some other garbage in place of Hannity. Well, I can at least dream about it can't I?
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Hey, it did'nt work against Howard Stern!Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.I came to get down, I came to get down. So get out ya seat and jump around - House of PainHEY! Is that a ball in your court? - Mr. PI came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Current Events & History”