• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Advertising your book

A forum for authors, as well as aspiring authors, to connect, network, and converse about all facets of writing, publishing, and promotion.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Advertising your book

Unread post

I post the following ad for my book at the beginning of each month on various FB websites. I'm not sure this is an effective way to advertise. Any advice on what other authors are doing to promote your own book would be appreciated.

"With cold weather still here, curl up with a warm blanket and a glass of wine and enjoy time just for yourself. “Desire and Red Wine, A Life’s Journey” is an entertaining, quick read; it deals with one girl’s journey through WWII and coming of age in the U.S. It’s a story of lost love, failure and resilience, and is available at Amazon, BarnesandNoble, Books123, and as a Kindle or Nook eBook. It’s also available at the Giant Eagle Stores in Erie, and Romolo’s. Take a look at my website for my blog and art gallery http://www.VictoriaNorvaisa.com"
TheWizard
The Great Gabsby

Re: Advertising your book

Unread post

I advertise here off and on.

It works. You want to change up your ad now and then.
Robert Brady
Author of The Fovean Chronicles
http://www.swordsandsorcery.com
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

I had an ad here on the Forum page for 1 month, and I try to mention it in what I think are appropriate comments. There didn't seem to be any uptick from the Forum page ad...of course, I can never tell who buys when from where :).
I've only sold 248 copies since it was released in February of 2013...yes, I know, it will never be a best seller - LOL - but it has been an interesting journey and I'm glad I did it.
KathyReynolds
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I use Facebook and Twitter. I find I get a bump in sales every time I post it. Last week I had one book (Touchstone) on the Kindle countdown deal @ 99 cents for 5 days, and sold 255 copies in five days. This week I have another (Ironstone) and in two day I've sold 95 copies with 3 more days on sale.

I'm still learning this. I just started writing last October, published in December, so any advice would be appreciated.
TheWizard
The Great Gabsby

Unread post

Kathy - how much money do you usually put into Facebook?
Robert Brady
Author of The Fovean Chronicles
http://www.swordsandsorcery.com
KathyReynolds
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I don't put any money into facebook. I just post to my timeline and my author page. (Kathy Reynolds Author Page). So far I have not spent any money. I just write, upload using create space. and try to sell my books. I'm not trying the be the next big thing. I just want to be the next big Kathy Reynolds.
gesler0811
Experienced

Unread post

How does the kindle countdown deal work? Do you have to be exclusive to kindle?
Voodoo, zombies, artifacts, and magic: Urban fantasy with a New Orleans Flair
I am currently offering my urban fantasy novel 'Line of Sight' for only 99 cents - Buy from Smashwords and use Coupon Code CT92F
Come see why the book is getting such rave reviews! (Also available for kindle, nook, and iTunes, and as a paperback from Amazon)
Official Line of Sight Page
KathyReynolds
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Kindle Countdown deals are for those books enrolled in the select program. Yes, you have to have that book exclusive to Kindle. You get 5 days every three months to promote your book either free, or for reduced price. I have never offered the free ones. My countdown deals were for a $5.99 book on sale for $0,99. It is a way to get seen for a new author. My book sales took off during the sales and after the sales were over, I got triple the sales that I was having before using the countdown. It cost nothing and gives much.
gesler0811
Experienced

Unread post

KathyReynolds wrote:Kindle Countdown deals are for those books enrolled in the select program. Yes, you have to have that book exclusive to Kindle. You get 5 days every three months to promote your book either free, or for reduced price. I have never offered the free ones. My countdown deals were for a $5.99 book on sale for $0,99. It is a way to get seen for a new author. My book sales took off during the sales and after the sales were over, I got triple the sales that I was having before using the countdown. It cost nothing and gives much.
Thanks for the information. During the countdown, does Amazon do anything to help you get noticed? IS there a "countdown" list somewhere, that people can view? (I'm thinking of how Smashwords will, for a short while, highlight your book on their site when you add it). Or is it all up to you to get word out there?
Voodoo, zombies, artifacts, and magic: Urban fantasy with a New Orleans Flair
I am currently offering my urban fantasy novel 'Line of Sight' for only 99 cents - Buy from Smashwords and use Coupon Code CT92F
Come see why the book is getting such rave reviews! (Also available for kindle, nook, and iTunes, and as a paperback from Amazon)
Official Line of Sight Page
KathyReynolds
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Yes, Kindle has a countdown list. When I have a book on promo, I also post it to google, facebook, (my own profile and 5 other family members profiles) Twitter, and any other place I can think of to have it seen.

A new writer such as myself, could write the greatest book ever, but I can never be the greaterst book ever seen, unless it gets seen. :bananadance:

Return to “Author's Lounge”