• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

A series of unfortunate events

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Jade

A series of unfortunate events

Unread post

Yes, I know... technically these are children's books; however, they are hilarious and delightfully witty. I advise everybody to read them.My particular favourite quote occurs when the children are learning about snakes from their uncle Monty. To paraphrase:"And they learnt never, never, to let the Virginia Wolfsnake near a typewriter"hehehe...-----------------On that topic however, let's talk about children's lit. Harry Potter vs. Goblin's MarketNarnia vs. Alice in WonderlandThese are utterly arbitrary death match scenarios... No logic to them.However, Rossetti's Goblin's Market would kick Potter's butt.*grin*
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Re: A series of unfortunate events

Unread post

About five years ago I developed a suddenly renewed interest in children's lit. Two events precipitated this. One was, I stumbled on my mother's old copy of Winnie-the-Pooh and decided to brush up on my Milne. Needless to say, I gobbled it up. The other was that the girl I was dating at the time had a fondness for some of the books she read as a child, so I read some of her old copies on visits down to her parents' house. Since then, I've been collecting classics here and there. My favorites so far as the books of Edward Eager, the Prydain Chronicles of Lloyd Alexander (which are like a miniature Lord of the Rings), and the dark little Victorian tales of Leon Garfield (which are likely a major influence on the Snickett books, Jade).
Jade

re

Unread post

...you know mad, you are being held completely responsible for my not buying any cute clothes lately.. as all my funds seemed to be redirected towards books I didn't know existed and aren't in the library...
MadArchitect

1E - BANNED
The Pope of Literature

Re: re

Unread post

Again, part of my nefarious plan to have you naked.
Jade

re:

Unread post

BAHAHAHAHAHAyes... I do have a terrible habit of loosing my clothes.. 0_0But generally, the best way to go about that is just to keep buying me drinks - preferably strongbow. You realize this poor thread was supposed to be about children's literature, eh? right? *nudge nudge*

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”