• In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

A long way gone

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
MaesterAuron151

A long way gone

Unread post

Memoirs of a boy soldier. I've been dieing to read it since I heard about it from the Daily show. Every story must come to an end.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: A long way gone

Unread post

Tell us a little about the book and why you think it might be a good read. I've never heard of the book. Do you have a link to where we could read some reviews?
MaesterAuron151

Unread post

Its the true story of a boy living in the Sierra Leone durring the outbreak of a civil war. He gets caught up in the violence at first fighting for one of the factions, and eventually just fighting to survive. The story follows both his life as soldier, and the process by which he was turned into a killer and the much longer process that eventually restored him to a relatively normal member of society.www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-revi ... 729&sr=8-1 Every story must come to an end.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Thanks for providing the additional info on the book! It is always best to give us as much as you did above when making suggestions.I am pretty sure this is the book being sold in my local Starbucks right by the register. What an awesome book suggestion. Please add it to the Q2, 2007 Nonfiction Book Suggestion thread if you would really like to read it. I think it would get my vote.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”