• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

A Little Piece of History

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

A Little Piece of History

Unread post

Just wanted to note that Nancy Pelosi was sworn in as Speaker of the House today, as I'm sure all you U.S.ers know. I have no idea what kind of Speaker Pelosi will be. But I find it significant that, for the first time in U.S. history, a woman is two heartbeats away from the presidency. Another mention goes to Charles Rangel who is now chairman of the Ways and Means Committee. So my question is: what are your thoughts to explain the lack of minorities, of any sort, ever holding the offices of Vice President or President? Can it really all be attributed to prejudice or are there other reasons?
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: A Little Piece of History

Unread post

Well...one and a half heartbeats if you are talking about Cheney. Someone, please jump out and say BOOO! to this man....please?Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!Mr. P's Bookshelf.I'm not saying it's usual for people to do those things but I(with the permission of God) have raised a dog from the dead and healed many people from all sorts of ailments. - AsanaThe one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
irishrosem

1E - BANNED
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Mr. P., you better be careful. Homeland Security is watching...
Rich206

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finally Comfortable

Unread post

Perhaps a lack of economic and educational opportunities is also a factor, but those problems are symptoms of the basic problems of prejudice and cultural stereotypes that are behind the lack of diversity in government. These problems have hardly disappeared, but they are lessening, and the result will be a government that more accurately represents the people.

Return to “Current Events & History”