• In total there are 3 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

20 percent of Americans believe that the living talk to dead

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

20 percent of Americans believe that the living talk to dead

Unread post

According to a recent study by the Baylor Institute for Studies of Religion, 20 percent of Americans believe that the living can communicate with the dead. In an online survey of 10,000 Beliefnet members, 77 percent said they'd felt the presence of a spirit, angel or dead soul.Angels and Ghosts!!!Oh my...Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
phiend

Re: 20 percent of Americans believe that the living talk to

Unread post

According to a recent South Park episode, one quarter of Americans are retarded.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I believe it.
Asana Bodhitharta

Unread post

Have you heard about the Jinn? They are a creation of spirits that are not like the Angels. The Angels are always obedient but the Jinn in which Satan is one of, are capable of disobedience. They are the spirits that play games with people and people usually think they are ghost or in some cases they may let someone think they have channeled some sort of superior consciousness but in reality they are these sometimes dangerous spirits called the Jinn. Consider thesign of Harry Houdini who said: "If Ican communicate to you from theother side I will"Now this man wanted to prove theother side and year after year no oneheard anything from this dead masterescape artist. yet you believe your oldsick relative who couldn't even escapetheir own sickness is talking to younow, when they barely spoke to youwhile they were alive. That is whythose who say they spoke to the deadonly know what55they knew and nothing else sowho did the speaker speak to? Iassure you he spoke to somethingelse.A message in fragments likesomeone trying to remember likesomeone trying to collect theirthoughts as in the way that afriend can be close to you andknow a lot about you, exceptSatan is not your friend he isyour avowed enemy. That devilbelieves in keeping his enemycloser than a friend keeps afriend. Certainly, if one can havean enemy closer than a friend hehas no friend, am I right? I Am Edited by: Asana Bodhitharta at: 10/24/06 9:58 pm
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

Was that post sarcastic Asana? Cause that was irritating. I itched my shoulder 3 times... Turn that "fog" post into a "hershey bar" post... something that we're able to bite onto instead of intangible junk. Let's see a few references to reality.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

No, Interbane, Asana isn't being sarcastic. He is a new addition to BookTalk and we're all trying to figure the guy out.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

One of us has him figured out...and is not afraid to say it! Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

fleem

Unread post

Asana believes in Jesus and the djinn at the same time.I really doubt other Christians would accept this about him.They call people like that 'heretics.' Where taxi drivers never stop talking
MaesterAuron151

Unread post

I thought dijinn were part of the muslim faith?My friend said his uncle in the ME once picked up a hitch hiker with horse legs which is suposedly the mark of a dijinn. Apparently he dumped her on the side of the road. I think his car was leaking exhaust.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”