• In total there are 25 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 25 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

173 Declared Democratic Presidential Candidates

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Re: 173 Declared Democratic Presidential Candidates

Unread post

Meanwhile, back in the presidential race...

Excellent campaign videos:

Let them eat ice cream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WzB3YRB4w0

Biden ad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMFsz0VX9mY

I don't know why the Democrats (or the Democratic leadership) would even WANT to replace Donald Trump now, given what's happened with the Coronavirus. The conservative movement is dead in America, at least the part of it that wants "smaller government." Government has EXPLODED under Trump. Federal govt, state govts, municipal govts...tinpot dictatorships crowding one another, overlapping, exerting multiple authorities over people. How could the communist Dems improve on that? They bray about wanting social control, and it's here, in spades.

* The Dems want a Universal Basic Income. Well, the federal govt is now issuing money for workers not working. And Bernie Sanders wasn't even needed.

* The Dems/communists want abolition of private property. That'll be happening shortly when people are booted from their abodes for non-payment of rent/mortgage.

* The Dems want socialized healthcare and that's coming. Hospitals are now empty, awaiting the hordes of coronavirus patients that aren't coming. It's estimated that as many as half of America's clinics and hospitals will go out of business because of the imposition of lockdowns. When the dust settles the Dems will say that capitalist healthcare just didn't work, so it's time for Obamacare II. Of course, the truth is that govt intrusion killed the healthcare system, but truth doesn't really matter to communists.

* The Dems much-beloved death panels will finally be realized, actually are already being realized. Hospitals are being kept empty for the coronavirus patients, and meanwhile people in need of life-saving care are dying at home. But abortions are still being performed. Each one is a little human sacrifice that's "essential" to the death cult of the Democratic Party.

* The government is shutting down small businesses, shuttering shops because of a weaponized cold virus. And the Dems are happy because you just CANNOT have a self-reliant populace. Everybody must be dependent on the state. It's estimated that as much as 80% of America's small business won't survive this.

* The Dems/communists want workers rioting in the streets, and that will no doubt be happening soon. China (a strong Democratic National Committee ally) just closed its meat processing plants in America. Availability of meat is now cut in half. And in a month 50 million of America's 164 million workers will be unemployed. So there will be food riots. The Dems will view that as a win.

* The godless Dems are getting traction in their fight against Christianity. Not in my area, where the churches are packed every Sunday, but the ChiCom-controlled media shows us Christian pastors being hounded and arrested for practicing freedom of religion. I don't think even Hussein Obama could have got away with this kind of anti-Christian behavior.

* The collectivist Dems have nice little snitch networks set up in Democrat-run states. You're now encouraged to report on neighbors who step out of their front doors. That's how the Stasi controlled East Germany, with snitches.

And on and on. I honestly don't know how the Dems could improve things, from their point of view, by getting rid of Donald Trump.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

From the NY Times
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/25/opin ... ogin=email
For over three years now many Americans have been anxiously waiting for Mr. Trump to grow into the job, to show that he understands he is the leader of the whole country and not just his core supporters.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Harry Marks wrote:From the NY Times
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/25/opin ... ogin=email
For over three years now many Americans have been anxiously waiting for Mr. Trump to grow into the job, to show that he understands he is the leader of the whole country and not just his core supporters.

Good article. Had to read it from my phone because of the the paywall I hit using my desktop. Good ol' NY Times.. Still charging to read its content when millions and millions of Americans are unemployed because of a pandemic.

Don't you want to comment on Trump's apparent dislike of dogs?

The article seems to also blame Trump for the 10 of thousands of lives lost to the coronavirus.
But you don't agree with that entirely.. It's the viruses fault mostly (anthropomorphizing?) and not China's covering up of the leakage and i's silencing of Chinese journalists and doctors that were desperately trying to warn the world of an oncoming pandemic.
Last edited by ant on Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

ant wrote:Good article. Had to read it from my phone because of the the paywall I hit using my desktop. Good ol' NY Times.. Still charging to read its content when millions and millions of Americans are unemployed because of a pandemic.
They say their pandemic coverage is free. I don't know, since I pay to read their paper. Probably opinions about his dogginess, or lack thereof, don't qualify as pandemic coverage.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Joe Biden

"economic intercourse"

The entire country should be concerned about an outbreak of STDs if Biden is elected president.
KindaSkolarly

1E - BANNED
Doctorate

Unread post

Tara Reade says Joe Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993. Actions and statements by others at the time support her claim. And now a video clip from the Larry King Show, 1993, has turned up. Reade's mother called into the show about the incident:

Tara Reade's Mother Interview Clip on Larry King (1993)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gsvpXc0pH0

But all the major Democrats have now lined up behind Biden. Hillary Clinton yaps about women's rights but has ignored Biden's assault of Reade:

Tara Reade torches Hillary Clinton for endorsing Biden, says she's 'enabling a sexual predator'
"I voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016. I voted for her in the primary. I'm a lifelong Democrat. But yet, what I see now is someone enabling a sexual predator and it was my former boss, Joe Biden, who raped me."
yourdestinationnow.com/2020/04/tara-rea ... n-for.html

So Biden has some libido issues to deal with.

And then there's Biden's senility. The Democratic National Committee has him where they want him for now, in a basement, and the videos he does from there are painful to watch. I think it's elder abuse. A SWAT team should kick in the door and rescue him.

Everybody knows that he's not fit to serve as president, so the Dems have come up with a strategy. They want to put him in the White House, then declare him incompetent and elevate the Vice-President.

Biden said he would pick a woman of color as a running mate. Oprah can't run, because she was a teenaged prostitute. Kamala Harris stumbled around on one of the debate stages drunk, so it won't likely be her. Maybe Michelle Obama. She has a new PBS show where she reads to kids. Here she is reading:

No, it wasn't a horror story; that's what she considers an appropriate face for children. Put that on a campaign poster and see how well she does.

Stacey Abrams of Georgia is campaigning for the vice-president's job. And she's a contender because she was invited to this year's Bilderberg meeting. The owners of the world like to look their flunkies over before hiring:

Stacey Abrams Went To Bilderberg
Not Good For Her Populist Credentials

https://nationalfile.com/stacey-abrams- ... ilderberg/

So those are the main names Biden has to play with. We shall see.

But I honestly don't see why the power elite would want to get rid of Trump. He's surrendering America to centralized banking, which is Communism 101. In this case it's kind of a hybrid of communism and fascism, but still it's totalitarian. And that's what the Dems like.

The US Federal Reserve is a group of private banks that finances the US. And both the Dems and the Reps in our government are in the process of giving the Fed unlimited power to "print money." With that money the Fed is buying up the world. It's not America that's buying the world, it's the consortium of private banks operating under the aegis of the US. And Trump backs the action 100%. He's selling us out, literally. Though not as fast as Clinton would have.

THIS ENGINEERED SOCIAL & ECONOMIC POWDER KEG IS READY TO BLOW
(The segment from 13:15 to 16:15 is an EXCELLENT summary of what's happening right now)
youtube.com/watch?v=js60_2NdZFQ&fea ... e=youtu.be

Anyway, the Leftists are getting what they want out of Trump. I don't see how they could do better with Biden.

The Fed. EXPANDS Debt Purchases: THEY NOW OWN THE WORLD. Mannarino
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU8gURk77E4
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Unread post

KindaSkolarly wrote: But all the major Democrats have now lined up behind Biden. Hillary Clinton yaps about women's rights but has ignored Biden's assault of Reade:

So Biden has some libido issues to deal with.
Yep, it's totally embarrassing, but I am going to state the obvious - if you are concerned about women's rights, it is clear who is better between Biden and Bozo. If you are concerned about sexual misconduct, it is clear who is better between Biden and Mr. Access Hollywood. If you are concerned about character, it is clear who is better between Biden and the Bastard.

If the Republicans put up Romney or (the late) McCain against this, I would seriously consider casting my first Republican vote for President ever. The day of sexual abusers remaining in power is long past. I hope Biden wins and then resigns in disgrace. At least the Dems know what to do about disgrace, or at least most of them do.
KindaSkolarly wrote:Everybody knows that he's not fit to serve as president, so the Dems have come up with a strategy. They want to put him in the White House, then declare him incompetent and elevate the Vice-President.
I disagree about his fitness. He was an excellent Vice-President and did far better against the 2008 crisis than this lot is doing against the Covid crisis, but again, when I look at who he is running against, I would vote for him with half his brain removed. He would still be more able than what we have.
KindaSkolarly wrote:Biden said he would pick a woman of color as a running mate.
No, actually he said he would pick a woman. Klobuchar and Whitmer are still viable.
KindaSkolarly wrote: Oprah can't run, because she was a teenaged prostitute.
I have never heard this before, but I know we elected a guy who is a tax cheat, a ripoff artist against suppliers, a Kremlin toady and a complete narcissist. If anyone on the right ever dreamed of taking the moral high ground in an election, they have pretty much sabotaged that to the extent it can be sabotaged. Oh, I guess Dear Leader could call for his son to be tied up in front of artillery and blown away on live TV. That would lose him one or two votes, but, you know, abortion!
KindaSkolarly wrote:The US Federal Reserve is a group of private banks that finances the US.
That's pretty much a complete canard. There are no private banks (yet) whose board is appointed by the government. The Fed is independent but accountable.
KindaSkolarly wrote:And both the Dems and the Reps in our government are in the process of giving the Fed unlimited power to "print money."
It already has unlimited power to print money. And, astonishingly enough, it has never in 100 years of existence used it for anything except responsible policy. This could change people's opinions of "bureaucrats" if the word ever got out, but, hey, not much danger of that.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

it's almost funny how Trump and Biden represent the worst of both political parties. Both are deplorable in their own right and each of their base to willing to match each others overt hypocrisy for the sake of keeping or getting their guy into the Oval office.

Take Joe Biden:

Biden is on record saying women who allege they've been victims of sexual assault ought to be believed:
For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts, whether or not it’s been made worse or better over time,”
Biden to Huffpost 2018

Now he is denying Tara Reade's allegations which recently have been confirmed by a second person:

They aren’t true. This never happened.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -statement

Or how about Joe Biden's public creepiness with young girls, telling them "Don't date till your 30" and making them feel physically uncomfortable in public by touching them inappropriately (37 seconds into vid - ignore the stupid music - just one example)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8YvJ5wAHl0

This is no longer about "voting for the lesser evil" It's now I'm voting for my lowlife creep because he's my lowlife creep, and I don't care what I've said in the past about yours anymore

The worst of both sides is on display.. No one gets any moral victory points for voting blue because blue is openly supporting an openly immoral guy.

IF I HAD BEEN A TRUMP VOTER my vote might as well stay where it's at.
Who would I think I'd be fooling anyway?
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

ant wrote: IF I HAD BEEN A TRUMP VOTER my vote might as well stay where it's at.
Who would I think I'd be fooling anyway?
You might vote for someone else down on the ballot. You might not vote at all. But to stick with Trump is saying that the scales are balanced because of the accusation against Biden. Even on just the sexual assault allegations, Trump is much worse. When you add in how well he governs--certainly one of the worst presidents in history--there is nothing anywhere near equivalence between the two.

Biden needs to show complete openness to investigation of the accusation. If he does the Hillary Clinton thing, he should be replaced. If there's clear evidence against him, he also should be replaced.

Edit: I realize he can't be replaced except at the convention, which may or may not be held.
Last edited by DWill on Mon May 04, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

DWill wrote:
But to stick with Trump is saying that the scales are balanced because of the accusation against Biden
Putting aside a global pandemic that originated oversees (including related things as an unprecedented quarantining of millions of healthy people and a near full stop of the economy) here is a snapshot of how the country was doing:

The economy added 6 million jobs, and the unemployment rate dropped to the lowest level in nearly 50 years.

Median household income rose 2.3%. Average weekly paychecks rose 2.8%. The poverty rate and food stamp rolls declined.

Manufacturing jobs rose by 482,000

Less overseas job outsourcing

Economy grew faster under Trump than Obama

Much less federal regulation under Trump

Gun sales actually DROPPED under Trump. The media says nothing about that.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/10/trump ... 19-update/

Tougher position on illegal border crossings. The issue of immigrant apprehension, detention, and deportation under Trump continuously referred to as sheer racism continues to baffle me.
As a grandchild of immigrants that made their way here to Californian in the early 1900s via legal immigration from Mexico, the arguments look differently from my perspective.

My grandparents worked hard, ran their own business, saved their money, and lived their lives the way they wished.
Why aren't we including immigrants that stood in line, waited, and respected the immigration process in this entire "illegal immigration" conversation?

My family has sponsored the legal citizenship of two families wanting a better life here in the US. These families honored the system in place and are now hard working citizens.
Why are they not praised more by the left for respecting codified law?

Under Trump, deportation is synonymous with racism. Under Obama, known during his presidency as "The Deporter in Chief" it scarcely was even a blip on the map.
Mexican / American advocacy groups were knocking on Obama's door his entire presidency about his mass deportations. Where was the support from Obama's shills?
If I was a undocumented immigrant, why would I feel better about a black man deporting me instead of a white man?

Detention cages at the border weren't built by a white supremacist in office.. They were built by our first black president. They were built to use:
The Obama administration, not the Trump administration, built the cages that hold many immigrant children at the U.S.-Mexico border.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/obama ... mmigrants/

This side issue also seems to have entirely been missed by liberals. I find it incredible no other president in the last 20 years even so much as considered passing an animal cruelty law like this:

https://www.npr.org/2019/11/25/78284265 ... eral-crime

Trump doesn't seem to like dogs. That talking point was circulating recently and was one more thing to add to all his uncountable flaws.
And yet, he's the first president to take the time to make the abuse of animals a federal crime. Talk about scoring a moral victory for living creatures that don't have to be human to be protected!
That's advancement in my book.

Trump is a bane for celebrity and self proclaimed armchair intellectuals who despise his off the cuff, poor oratory skills. The very idea these same people are willing to attach their names to an obviously seriously senile, sexual predator who has proven nothing politically goes to the essence of the shameful hypocrisy that's rampant on both sides. They are not the people's champions because they are no better when the lights are turned on.

Again, why would I vote for Biden and not for someone that was in fact generating some positives for the country?

Return to “Current Events & History”