• In total there are 68 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 68 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

100 Must-Read Books: The Essential Man

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Celinio
Creative Writing Student

100 Must-Read Books: The Essential Man

Unread post

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/05/14/10 ... s-library/

I thought that you too would like to take a peek at this link. I think it's a great list, don't you ?
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Yes, that is a pretty nice site. Thanks for sharing it. I am going to move this thread out of the BookTalk Announcements forum and into the Fiction Book Suggestions & Polls forum. It definitely is not an announcement about BookTalk so it doesn't belong in the Announcement forum, but I am not sure if that 100-book list includes non-fiction books. For now I will put it in the Fiction section.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
Biomachine
Master Debater

Unread post

There's a few books on that list I have yet to read. The Master and Margarita seems like an interesting book. I'll have to check it out when I'm not so swamped with other books to read.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

Master and Margarita was a good book. In the beginning the devil and his small crew run a muck in Russia and that's really fun to read about. The middle of the book towards the end really slows down, though, with the introduction of the master. Man, it slooooows! Then it picks up right at the end with some crazy crazy craziness. So crazy that you wonder if the author just wants to wrap things up in a hurry.

The book is worth reading for the first half of the book alone. The flash backs that witness Jesus are made exciting by the fact that the devil was a part of it all. The devil and the cat make the book.

I'm sure there is some message that I should have taken away from the book. Something like temptation and damnation or something. I have a hard time getting things like that out of fiction books.
ralphinlaos

Unread post

Thanks, Celinio.

I think it's an excellent list with not a lot of surprises (well, four books on Teddy Roosevelt did surprise me a little). Still, I'd be hard-pressed to come up with a list half as comprehensive; well-balanced between American and non-American authors and between fiction and non-fiction.

Something for everyone!

Ralph
Ashleigh
All Star Member

Unread post

I've probably read 10 to 15 of the books on that list.

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”