• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

Wow...

#4: Sept. - Oct. 2002 (Non-Fiction)
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Wow...

Unread post

I cannot believe how little discussion this book got? Was this because the community was relatively new at the time? I am starting this book soon...I will try to post as many thoughts as possible.Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Wow...

Unread post

This was only our 4th book so we were in our infancy as a community. Jared Diamond actually agreed to do a live chat session, but I canceled on him thinking we were too small to be asking him to take time out of his busy life for us. And then when we did "Collapse" he never returned my phone calls.
tomiichi

Unread post

I read this book for a class, but I never actually read it all the way through. I have been thinking about picking it up and rereading it. Mr. P... let me know when you begin reading this and maybe I will do the same along side you if I have time.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

I will let you know tomiichi!Mr. P. Mr. P's place. I warned you!!!The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Guns, Germs and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies - by Jared Diamond”