• In total there are 22 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 21 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Wink of an Eye — winner of the SMP/PWA Best 1st PI Novel competition

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
LynnCWillis
Official Newbie!

Wink of an Eye — winner of the SMP/PWA Best 1st PI Novel competition

Unread post

Greetings! I'm Lynn Chandler Willis and I'd like to let you know about my latest release, Wink of an Eye. The novel is the 2013 winner of the prestigious St. Martin's Press/Private Eye Writers of America Best 1st PI Novel competition. Set in the real life tiny town of Wink, Texas, the book is earning rave reviews and building a following for the main character, Gypsy Moran.

Here is a short blurb:Twelve-year old Tatum McCallen hires reluctant PI Gypsy Moran to prove his father didn't kill himself. Gypsy, on the run from his own set of problems, soon finds himself in the middle of a case involving eight missing girls, a cowardly sheriff, and undocumented workers. Aided by a sexy reporter, Gypsy begins unraveling secrets buried deep in his tiny hometown of Wink, Texas. Secrets so deep, exposing them threatens the only woman he's ever loved, and the very life of Tatum.

“The real-life town of Wink, Tex., provides the setting for Willis’s promising debut… Readers will want to see more of Gypsy, a nice combination of brains, brawn, and bravery.”—Publishers Weekly

“Readers won’t be able to put this novel down. P.I. Gypsy Moran is the perfect blend of streetwise smartass and big-hearted nice guy…That Chandler Willis manages to much so much into one story, with well-rounded characters, is amazing in itself. This reviewer is hoping for future books.”—RT Book Reviews , 4 1/2 stars

"One of the most cohesive and entertaining mysteries I’ve ever read.”—Donnell Ann Bell, bestselling author of Betrayed.

I hope you'll check it out!

Lynn Chandler Willis
http://lynnchandlerwillis.com/

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”