• In total there are 21 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 21 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Why i am confident there are no ghosts.

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Re: Why i am confident there are no ghosts.

Unread post

My great grandparents lived in Wales, the Welsh are ghost believing and fairy fearing, leave a bowl of milk outside the kitchen door type of people. My great grandparents made a solemn oath to each other; when one died, that one would visit the living spouse as a ghost. They were true believers in ghosts and had real expectations. My great grandmother waited and waited, then died, poor thing never got her visitation.

However, when my daughter was 5 months old she had a splinter in her foot, I could not get it out, we were both in tears over this splinter. Both my parents had died the month before, my daughter started to giggle and pointed at nothing I could see, but, when I picked her up, the splinter was gone. Thanks mom and dad.

A personal reason, a painful loss of a loved one may be needed to believe in ghosts. Do I believe my dead parents relieved my daughter of her splinter; no, but it was a comforting idea since their deaths were so recent at the time and I had a deep feeling of regret. A belief in ghosts keep dead loved ones alive, very much like a belief in heaven. These beliefs can give comfort to those who have a fear of death and for those who cannot accept that death is final and that loved ones only live and exsist in memories.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”