• In total there are 53 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Where are the substitutes for Clancy, Palmer & Crichton?

The perfect space for valuable discussions that may not neatly fit within the other forums.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Where are the substitutes for Clancy, Palmer & Crichton?

Unread post

With the recent deaths of famous thriller authors like, Tom Clancy, Michael Palmer and Michael Crichton, is there a critical void in this genre? If so which authors do you feel can step up and fill this empty hole?
bionov

Re: Where are the substitutes for Clancy, Palmer & Crichton?

Unread post

In my dreams, I can see myself as that author since I write thrillers similar to those famous writers. However, as an Indie author, without the editorial help and promotional support provided best selling writers, I can’t realistically see myself filling that void.
bionov

Unread post

I just finished reading Plague Ship by Leonard Goldberg and give it five stars. I’ve also read Fever Cell and Lethal Measures by this same excellent medical thriller writer. I truly believe he could be the author to slip into the empty slot left by the recent deaths of some of our famous thriller writers.
Come on guys, let's have your suggestions! :?
Felisari
Master Debater

Unread post

Haven't you meet Michael Connolly Or Jo Nesbo? :)
To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.
Oscar Wilde
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Well, I like Michael Connelly too. Not sure who can replace Crichton. As a kid, I got hooked on science-fiction, and remember the greats - Asimov, Bradbury, Clarke and Heinlein. There are many good sf writers out there, but so far, I cannot find any who I would say was a true replacement for any of these four.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “Everything Else”