• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

Suzanne wrote:Book V of "The Dark Tower Series", Steven King, and
"Street Life: My Story", Wayne Kernochan

Having a really hard time getting into this particular book in the DT series. I don't know if I'm tired of it at this point or if Steven King got tired of it at this point.

"Street Life" is a memoir, it's very edgy, very graphic.
I'm about to embark on Book II of the DT series.

Reading Thomas Cahill's Sailing the Wine-Dark Sea: Why the Greeks Matter. This is a surprisingly engaging and well written overview of Greek culture. Cahill uses classic works of literature—the Iliad, the Odyssey, Oedipus the King—as a spring board to history, religion, philosophy, mathematics, etc.
-Geo
Question everything
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

JanetteMD

Unread post

I just finished reading "Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo. I really enjoyed this book! It went fast and was not a long book but the message is wonderful! It gave me answers to questions about what heaven will be like.

Today I started "We Bought A Zoo" by Benjamin Mee. Its a real life story. Just started so I don't have many comments but to say that it starts off good.
FigureOfSpeech
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I've just finished The Ghosthunter's Club by L.K. Jay. It was a fin read. I'm now reading Flag of Bones by Elle Pepper. This books has A LOT of potential, but I'm not yet sure if it will live up to it.
openmind
Official Newbie!

Unread post

i'm reading shot twice in the head but far from dead the story of a juvenile delinquent by Maurice Young. the events in this book are SO urban the author paints a perfect picture for each scenerio that makes me feel like i'm right there experiencing it with him a great read so far i can't put this book down i'm very anxious to read how he survived getting shot twice in his head OMG!!!!
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

EEk!! Out of books again. Just finished 'The Soldier's Return' by Melvin Bragg, and picked up 'The Demon Haunted World ' - again. Need to scour the local book lending bars again
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons
Katrina Rose
Master Debater

Unread post

I'm currently reading A Winter Haunting by Dan Simmons. The reviews are average but I believe it's anything but average. Plus, I connect to his style of writing when he reflects to the past which he does often. I can't wait to leave a review of this book.
shellilea
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory. I found it in Amazon's free book list for Kindle. Not a bad read, but I prefer darker stories ;)
usdfg
Master Debater

Unread post

Just finished reading Eagle Day, its a fiction book talking about the events that prevented Hitler from attacking britain on september 16th. Pretty good :)
karend2007
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Today I finished 'May I Have Your Attention Please?' by James Corden. I'm not much of a fan of autobiographies, but I enjoyed this. It made me laugh out loud a lot.

Having seen the film adaptation, I thought that I would give the novel 'War Horse' by Michael Morpurgo a try. So far it's very good.
“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”- Groucho Marx

Return to “What are you currently reading?”