• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 758 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:50 am

What are you currently reading?

Share your current reading list, your impressions of the books, and whether you'd recommend them to fellow community members. Authors, please do NOT post in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Re: What are you currently reading?

Unread post

The Devil in the White City by Erik Larsen and something by Nora Roberts (the name escapes me just now)
Srmeier73
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Emory's Gift by W. Bruce Cameron. It's his follow up to his bestselling A Dog's Purpose.
Aubrey.Alexis
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

kelstan wrote:The Devil in the White City by Erik Larsen and something by Nora Roberts (the name escapes me just now)
I read The Devil in the White City ages ago and found at first that it was the gruesome murder mystery portion that kept me involved, but by the end, it was the story of the architects of the World Fair that I enjoyed the most and stayed with me. I live in Chicago, and they do a tour now based on that book - pretty cool.
[bookworm]
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

I just saw a similar post to this and answered, and now I just saw this one, so I'll paste in the same answer. :)

I'm reading a few books at the moment! One of them is READ THIS NEXT: And Discover Your 500 New Favourite Books by Sandra Newman, which is basically an excuse for me to say 'Well, I read somewhere that such and such is an amazing book and I simple had to buy it!' I'm always looking for new things to read, and rather than just browsing Amazon.com as I so often do, I thought I'd see what comes recommended from this book!

Then again, I do take notice of other recommendations, too! My best friend recommended that I read Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, which is based on the author's life. He'd been imprisoned for 19 years, and it's the story of his when he went to Bombay after escaping, in broad daylight, from a maximum security prison! Doesn't that just grip you and make you want to read more? I love it when a book does that to me!

Also, because I'm an avid sewer and want to open up my own online craft store on Etsy, I am reading (almost finished!) Etsy Success - How To Make a Full-Time Income Selling Jewelry, Crafts, and Other Handmade Items Online by Kathleen Donovan, which is basically my way of building up my confidence and make sure I understand everything before I jump in and open the shop.

And lastly I'm reading Women of the Suffrage Movement by Lydia Bjornlund, because I find the whole fight for the equality of women and right to vote a fascinating subject and wanted to get a better insight into it! This particular book is focused on the American Women's Suffrage Movement, though I'm also very interested in the British movement, so if anyone knows any good books on the subject, please let me know!
Last edited by [bookworm] on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
kfk4life
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I'm reading Christopher Hitchens' Hitch-22, and plan on moving to Basic Writings of Nietzsche.
anna_svensson
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I just finished "The Marijuana Theory" by David du Hempsey and i enjoyed it a lot. Would love to see a movie from it.
Now i start "The Innocent" by Horlan Colbaine.
Last edited by anna_svensson on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

Bookworm, Shantaram is an amazing story. I thoroughly enjoyed that book.

I'm currently reading Lost Memory of Skin, our Fiction book selection for Jan., and just finished My Heart Laid BAre by Joyce Carol Oates.
threak17
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

Just finished, A Magnificent Catastrophe by Edward J. Larson, - and just picked up Agincourt by Bernard Cornwell - something tells me I'm really going to enjoy it!
Michael Cold

Unread post

I'm currently reading The Informant by Thomas Perry.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

just finished "The Autobiography MILES DAVIS with Quincy Troupe" which i thoroughly enjoyed and found very easy to read and keep on reading as the tone is so conversational. i could easily have read it in one sitting if it wasn't for pesky work.

have since been trying to get through "Randy Bachman's Vinyl Tap Stories" which is harder to keep at even though i am quite a fan of Randy's guitar playing from back in the day.

so many books so little time ...

Return to “What are you currently reading?”