• In total there are 30 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 30 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Were Ancient Gods From Other Planets?

Authors are invited and encouraged to showcase their NON-FICTION books exclusively within this forum.
JohnMcAdam
No End in Sight

Were Ancient Gods From Other Planets?

Unread post

I would like to suggest my book. I think it is a message that EVERYONE needs to hear. It is a theory that ancient gods were really extra terrestrials, but since people were so untechnologically advanced, they thought these beings who could fly were gods. I can give you hundreds (literally) of examples from the Bible, Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Maya, Aztec, Norse, Sumerian, Phoenician, and more, if you need!

Any thought?
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Re: Were Ancient Gods From Other Planets?

Unread post

I think we've already picked out our fiction selection for the month.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Unread post

I do tend to sympathise with the view of my friend President Camacho that there are fewer things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, but all the same, it is an interesting topic for speculation. The first chapter of Ezekiel in the Bible reads like it is about extraterrestrials. Thoth the Egyptian ibis-headed god of wisdom looks like an alien. I wrote a short idea piece about this:

Osiris, Isis, Nephthys, Horus and Thoth, maybe three or four others to make up the eight (ogdoad) or the nine (ennead), land in the ocean in a space pod from a distant star. They move to Egypt because it is fertile, isolated, climatically stable and at the geographic meeting point of the main land masses of the planet. Over thousands of years they live as semi-secret Gods. The fields of reeds are due west of the Nile mouth in the Bay of Libya, where the alien gods live on floating islands and some humans are allowed. They largely keep their knowledge and existence invisible to humans, but arrange to build the pyramids as a monument to their cosmic origins. Carrying his trusty harmonic djed, Osiris gradually morphs into the green god of life and death and the sun. Meanwhile, he and his team establish Atlantis by building oceanic cities on large fabric bags of floating fresh water. The end of Atlantis comes when much of California falls into the sea with a giant slip of the San Andreas Fault, sending a mile high tsunami several times around the world ocean that obliterates the hidden alien civilization on the high seas, with Aeolia the only remnant.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

sympathize??? You have sympathy for what? My grasp of reality?
JohnMcAdam
No End in Sight

Unread post

Robert Tulip wrote:I do tend to sympathise with the view of my friend President Camacho that there are fewer things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy, but all the same, it is an interesting topic for speculation. The first chapter of Ezekiel in the Bible reads like it is about extraterrestrials. Thoth the Egyptian ibis-headed god of wisdom looks like an alien. I wrote a short idea piece about this:

Osiris, Isis, Nephthys, Horus and Thoth, maybe three or four others to make up the eight (ogdoad) or the nine (ennead), land in the ocean in a space pod from a distant star. They move to Egypt because it is fertile, isolated, climatically stable and at the geographic meeting point of the main land masses of the planet. Over thousands of years they live as semi-secret Gods. The fields of reeds are due west of the Nile mouth in the Bay of Libya, where the alien gods live on floating islands and some humans are allowed. They largely keep their knowledge and existence invisible to humans, but arrange to build the pyramids as a monument to their cosmic origins. Carrying his trusty harmonic djed, Osiris gradually morphs into the green god of life and death and the sun. Meanwhile, he and his team establish Atlantis by building oceanic cities on large fabric bags of floating fresh water. The end of Atlantis comes when much of California falls into the sea with a giant slip of the San Andreas Fault, sending a mile high tsunami several times around the world ocean that obliterates the hidden alien civilization on the high seas, with Aeolia the only remnant.
It's stories about beings landing on Earth from other planets that really sparked the idea for my book. The Dogon, a tribe in the middle of nowhere, have this tale. The Sumerians do, too...babylonians, mosopatamians, even distant tribes in the amazon! It can't all just be fiction and story telling...not when they know about all of our planets (even Pluto) and have depictions in their art of beings flying on rocketships.
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Finds books under furniture

Unread post

...You're talking about tribes of HUMANS, who no longer exist, mostly, who would now, of course, have knowledge of our solar system, because technology has spread to almost every corner of the world, and it's not hard for people know to things worldwide anymore.

Also, if they were so "ancient," they wouldn't know that Pluto had ever NOT been a planet, thus you have just shown your own youth and naivete and derailed your whole system of belief. Did you forget to take your meds today?
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Also see: Carl Jung, attn. collective unconscious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious
JohnMcAdam
No End in Sight

Unread post

bleachededen wrote:...You're talking about tribes of HUMANS, who no longer exist, mostly, who would now, of course, have knowledge of our solar system, because technology has spread to almost every corner of the world, and it's not hard for people know to things worldwide anymore.

Also, if they were so "ancient," they wouldn't know that Pluto had ever NOT been a planet, thus you have just shown your own youth and naivete and derailed your whole system of belief. Did you forget to take your meds today?
Could you please speak to me in a manner of respect as a human rather than a dog?
bleachededen

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I am speaking to you like a human. I don't speak to dogs.

You're awfully sensitive considering this is the internet.
JohnMcAdam
No End in Sight

Unread post

bleachededen wrote:I am speaking to you like a human. I don't speak to dogs.

You're awfully sensitive considering this is the internet.
"Did you forget to take your meds today?"..or am I just making that up?

You know, for someone that is an atheist, you really make it look bad. I am sorry, but you have to admit you have spoken very harsh to me. Internet or not, you have done nothing but insult me the whole time I have talked to you. I do admit it was my mistake calling you a "sir" and I am sorry, but asking if I have taken my meds, "What proof is there that your God exists, beyond what you think in your head? "..basically implying that God is just a figment of my own imagination even though I have done the research..and so on and so forth, and then you go on to say "You should also be less judgmental and more open-minded - the atheists here are good people and intelligent and good discussion companions"....first off no one is being open minded to me. Ever since I have gotten on here everyone has trashed me just for writing a book..calling it wrong and a waste of time and yadda yadda yadda..and then you go on to say that the atheists are good people when you act as though you just another internet noober who goes around insulting people because the people can't grab you back. I have said nothing wrong to you, and have even treated you with respect by saying things like "(respectively)" when I disagree. Hows about some of that compassion my way?

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!”