• In total there are 18 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

We Will Do the Same

A platform to express and share your enthusiasm and passion for poetry. What are your treasured poems and poets? Don't hesitate to showcase the poems you've penned yourself!
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

We Will Do the Same

Unread post

I wrote this poem in the 60s’ when I was in high school. My English teacher was so impressed with it that he talked me into joining our school year book staff. By the time I was a senior, I was editor-in-chief of our school annual. Even though I enjoyed writing, I had both an ability and love for science. Therefore, I became a scientist so I could raise and support a family. Now that I’m retired, I’ve started writing once again. I have one published biotechnical thriller novel, entitled “Green Power”. I just completed my second novel in the same genre, “The True Virus”, and in the process of getting it published.
Think of how things were in the 60s’. We had folk songs instead of rap. Young students were speaking out and we still had the threat of nuclear war. So with that setting here’s the poem I wrote back then.

We Will Do the Same

We live on a sphere
We know not where
It may disappear
But none will care

As night will fall
And we suffer the pains
We then shall crawl
Having lost our canes

As we crawl away
From where we came
As we settle to stay