• In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

We Never Went to the Moon

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

All of this stuff has been thoroughly explained hundreds and hundreds of times. You don't believe because you don't want to believe. You're a conspiracy theorist. I've watched all available movies on the "Moon hoax" and it actually makes me sad that such an amazing human accomplishment is being brushed off as a fraud. I don't think you could ever find a bigger skeptic than me, but I'm an educated skeptic. All evidence supports that we went to the Moon. And I mean ALL evidence. It is simply weird that people question it.

Maybe other people have time and energy for this but I don't. But you're welcome to post here about such ideas as long as you are ready to engage in a two-way discussion. When people reply please respond.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

You're too far gone for help. I've talked to people like you before and it isn't going to go anywhere productive. I strongly suggest you educate yourself in the relevant fields of science. But I'm too busy for this nonsense.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

Hello Cosmored, and anyone else attracted by this silly conspiracy theory. I suggest you put your claims to http://www.bautforum.com/conspiracy-theories/ where there are a bunch of scientists and astronomers who will be happy to explain why you are completely wrong.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

I was at Jodrell Bank in 1969 for the Moon Landings, in the company of Sir Bernard Lovell.

(I was only in the same room with hundreds of other people btw....)

There was no conspiracy......well, why would they???

Although, during the landings, he did say, 'The Russians are there', and we never heard any more about that......

Now that was interesting.....
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I would also like to add that, being British, we all murmered a subdued 'Hurrah' for the Americans and then went home to finish our suppers.

No little green men, no green cheese even.... so what was the big deal?

It was just the Space Race!!

Only joking!!! It really was rather exciting. ;-)
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

Rafael Sabatini
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Cosmo said
The fact that we didn't read that the Russians claimed it was faked really isn't proof that they went to the moon.
I wasn't saying that the Russians claimed it was faked. I was saying that Sir Bernard Lovell said they had landed shortly after the Americans.

The Russians were the first to launch a satellite into space...with Sputnik 1, and there was only a dog on board. No one said that was fake so far as I can remember.

I just can't imagine why they would want to fake it....What would be the point?

I will be interested to read your post about what Chomsky said, because I have great admiration for him. Thank you.

Rafael Sabatini
Interbane

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
United States of America

Unread post

I went through all of that stuff and am still fully convinced we landed on the moon, even though it would be fun to think we didn't. I'm not sure what blinders you're wearing, but the tendrils of bias have firmly grasped your soul. Move on.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Furthermore...Cosmo.....I was there in 1969, I heard it all first hand.

Sir Bernard Lovell was a Professor....not an actor.

They did land on the moon......but I guess it doesn't matter if some people choose not to believe it. :cool:

Rafael Sabatini
giselle

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
Almost Awesome

Unread post

Landing on the moon and more recently landing on Mars is all about confidence, human achievement and coming of age as a nation. The physical fact is much less important, green men notwithstanding. America and the rest of the world will need every bit of confidence and maturity we can muster if we are to drag our sorry butts out of this economic crisis let alone face some of our other small challenges (melting ice caps, nuclear programs in unstable countries, millions dying prematurely of preventable disease to name a few). Perpetuating conspiracy theories seems a little counterproductive.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

The sheer magnitude of the cover-up necessary to keep something like a faked moon landing secret is beyond the capability of the US government.

Set workers, camera men, script writers, actors, set and prop makers, lighting crew, special effects people, plus all the people at mission control from Florida and Texas, most of the NASA personal, plus the president and his general staff would all have been in on the secret and need to keep quiet for decades.

This alone is unfathomable.

Later
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Return to “Current Events & History”