• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

WANTED: Non-Fiction Suggestions of FREE Books for Group Discussion

Collaborate in choosing our next NON-FICTION book for group discussion within this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is necessary to participate here!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: WANTED: Non-Fiction Suggestions of FREE Books for Group Discussion

Unread post

Hi bloge16,

Thanks for offering your book for free!

You will probably generate more interest in your book if you...

1. Get some quality reviews of your book on Amazon.com. There are none right now. You need 5+ quickly.
2. Add a quality book description to your book on Amazon.com. I suggest a paragraph or two. And then try for professional reviews.
3. Provide a link in your post to a personal website that shows your credentials and background. Don't have one? You need one.
4. Fix the misspelling of humorous on your Amazon.com description. You have it as humerous.

Your book may be fantastic but as an author you need to give potential readers a reason to click and order your book. I'm offering this as constructive criticism because I genuinely love to see authors succeed. It upsets me when I see so many authors struggling to make even a few sales let alone actually break-even.

Give us more! If you don't have a personal website create a free Wordpress Blog.
bloge16
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Thanks for the tips, appreciated. I've asked for reviews, but as a newbie they are hard to come by.

I do have a blog, however, feel free to check it out. Here is one post I was particularly proud of.

http://armchairpolitics1.wordpress.com/ ... he-legend/

Thanks
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Maybe we can get some members of BookTalk.org to write some reviews. You might want to create a brand new thread in this forum asking for reviews of your book in exchange for free copies. Having a handful of reviews on your Amazon.com listing is extremely important.

But even to get reviews you need to write an enticing book description to get people interested in reading/reviewing your book. One single sentence just isn't enough unless everyone already knows your name.
Ban me now
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

I'd be willing to kick up some free copies of my memoir, A Life Gone Awry: My Story of the Elan School, but, might Amazon get angry? If not, it's a pretty popular book, and, it helped close them down 35 years after I left

http://www.amazon.com/Life-Gone-Awry-Sc ... t_ep_dpt_2
"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” Stephen King
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Wow this book has generated some controversy on Amazon. The story itself sounds very interesting and actually a bit disturbing. I would be willing to read your book and write a review.
Ban me now
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Send me your e-mail address and it's a deal :)
"Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” Stephen King
zelda
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Hi, I'm also willing to provide Smashwords coupons for electronic copies of my narrative nonfiction book No Comfort Zone: Notes on Living with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, if you would either like to read it as a group or if individuals would like to read and review it. It's not about self-help, inspiration or clinical terminology. It's about being willing to see and live with the uglier side of life.

Let me know. The Amazon link is here. (It's not in Amazon Select, so there are no issues with providing you free copies.)

Thanks for considering it.
zelda
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Ah, it seems that my tendency to lurk, rather than post, has come back to haunt me. I don't have enough postings to send personal messages in response to those I've received.

That being the case, those who are willing to review No Comfort Zone or interested in discussing it in a group can download my book from Smashwords.com during the next two weeks using the code JM68X.

Thanks for your interest.
greenmountaintree
Official Newbie!

Unread post

hi, My book is available free of cost for reading and downloading under creative commons license. Name of the book is Urban Life and Economy.

The book is about economics, ethics, culture and society. It can be read by anyone and the reader doesnt require to understand economics.

The links where you can read the book are :

http://www.urbanlifeandeconomy.net

http://www.urbanlifeandeconomy.net/p/book.html

http://issuu.com/sumee/docs/urbanlifeandeconomy
Last edited by greenmountaintree on Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
heledd
Doctorate

Unread post

Life gone awry sounds good, but it's not really free, Perhaps it should be included in the ordinary non fiction section?
Life's a glitch and then you die - The Simpsons

Return to “What non-fiction book should we read and discuss next?”