• In total there are 21 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 21 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Oh, how I despise ignorance....

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Oh, how I despise ignorance....

Unread post

Skinheads planned to assassinate Obama - So it begins.

I really, really feel so embarrassed by some humans....
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

One can at least take comfort that these murderous thugs almost certainly didn't have the brains to carry out their nefarious plot.
-Geo
Question everything
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Yes, one would have thought they would have gone for Obama first, rather than start by attracting attention to themselves by killing dozens of other people first.
It's difficult from the document to guess how much of a real threat they were anybody.
Ophelia.
bohemian_girl
Book Nut

Unread post

Stories like that make me embarassed to be a part of the human race, seriously. And the KKK coming out the day after the election and after Obama's inspirational speech about unity, and saying that this is a 'race war', what utter ignorance.

The world would be a better place without such, well... words I probably shouldn't use in a public forum.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

bohemian_girl wrote:Stories like that make me embarassed to be a part of the human race, seriously. And the KKK coming out the day after the election and after Obama's inspirational speech about unity, and saying that this is a 'race war', what utter ignorance.

The world would be a better place without such, well... words I probably shouldn't use in a public forum.
I will say it: If I had a gun with unlimted bullets & get out of jail free cards, there would be less ignorance in this world I guarantee it. And no, I do not think that puts me on the same level as 'them'.
sweisser
Almost Comfortable

Out of the mouths of babes...

Unread post

A fifth grader told me that her mother was very concerned about the results of the election as she feared for the president-elect's life. I think many of us, whether we voted for him or not, have that concern at the back of our minds. How long will he be president? Will Biden actually become our nation's leader? Not everyone is ready for a black or female president. I believe there will be many attempts and I hope his secret service detail will take that threat seriously.

Return to “Current Events & History”