• In total there are 7 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Israel or Palestine, Who's Right?

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Israel or Palestine, Who's Right?

Unread post

Since my new novel, “The True Virus”, takes place during the last Gaza/Israeli (2008-2009) war, I had to do a lot of research. At the beginning, I sided with Israel. I even had a Hamas bioterrorist hack into the main CIA computer. But as I soon discovered, Israel wasn’t that innocent in the way they invaded Gaza. Therefore, I decided to create subplots involving a family living in Gaza while at the same time I created characters in the Israeli Defense force. I tried to stay neutral as the author and developed points of view from both sides. Since my book hasn’t been published yet, I would like to know how readers feel about the conflict between the Palestinians and the Israelis. I have one publisher who feels I should involve more countries in the area, since there is so much happening over there. So, let the discussion begin!
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Re: Israel or Palestine, Who's Right?

Unread post

You should include how much money the U.S. gives Israel each year in aid, how the Israelis are plowing down the homes of the Bedouins and making them pay for their own homes being destroyed, and the constant media propaganda campaign by American Jews to promote Israeli interests within the U.S. at significant costs to the tax-payer.

We're one of the only countries that does not want to see a legitimate Palestine.

I don't think any country in the region 'likes' Israel. I see very little reason, other than protecting the weak, to aid Israel... and that little country is not weak at all in any respect. The whole thing just stinks... very disgusting little mess they've created for themselves and we've had a hand in it seems.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

yeah, unbelievable the crap that goes down on this little blue ball, i remember this doco was pretty well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufLAitMq3zI
sonoman
All Star Member

Unread post

I am a spiritual activist and Jewish and I truly believe along with millions of victims of Zionist aggression, occupation and takeover of Palestine, that modern Israel is a cancer in the region, one placed there by European and American power politics after WW II to insure Western control over Middle East oil fields. Zionist Judaism provided the cover for installing this European colony in the heart of the Middle East. There is nothing but lie after lie in the Zionist propaganda for hoodwinking Americans especially into supporting Israeli genocidal racist policies once you get past Zionist propaganda sites and start hearing real Palestinian voices. I've been to Israel twice now and and each time appalled at the racist division in Israel where Pals get the dregs of the Holy Land and Israelis gobble up the best for themselves using American money to do so.

Here's me in at the Bethlehem Apartheid Wall in 2010 performing a Paxcalibur peace prayer to bring the Apartheid Wall system down.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r236/biomystic/ApartheidWall2.jpg

Paxcalibur was blessed by the daughter of the most respected Palestinian peace activist in Bethlehem before I did the prayer ritual. I am friends with Palestinian activists and have contributed the spiritually inspired Canaan Peace Plan (http://biomystic.org/cannaapeaceplan.htm) to the Palestinian One Democratic State movement organization. Help us stop American support for Israeli terrorism.
LaGraziana
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I don't think that it's really a question of right or wrong. There are two sides with very different points of view that got caught in a spiral of growing hatred and distrust... and nobody is ready to step out and start from zero, it seems. Both sides made mistakes and huge ones, but then I'm no expert in matters of the Middle East.

I just read a good book (fiction) dealing with the topic although part of the story, especially towards the end, seems a bit naive to me. I wrote a review about "The Almond Tree" by Michelle Cohen Corasanti on my blog (edith-lagraziana.blogspot.co.at/2013/02 ... ohen.html) and there's an even longer one with many details of the plot in an Indian online paper - Muslim Observer or something like that.
Edith LaGraziana
http://edith-lagraziana.blogspot.com
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

http://www.wrmea.org/wrmea-archives/373 ... llion.html

Our financial situation is pretty bad right now. I'm about to get furlough days because congress has not allocated money to keep me employed in a career field which is pretty necessary (air traffic control).... but we have billions for Israel. ?????
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

I don't understand the history and situation over there enough to form hard and fast opinions on who is right and who is wrong, but I definitely see the Palestinian's perspective. Look at the map of Israel over time and watch how they have taken over more and more land from the Palestinians.
brobinson543
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Have you considered a religious perspective on the situation?
bionov
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Unread post

Yes, I do bring up the religious perspective. My main character asks himself, “Why can’t they find common resolutions to their problems, since both religions have a shared father in Abraham?”
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

Both sides have their own perspective on the situation. When you say the "religious perspective" I'm sure what you really mean is "do you understand the Christian and Jewish perspective." Both sides have a "religious perspective" and I'm somewhat ignorant to both. What I do know is that Israel didn't exist not too long ago and land was grabbed from the indigenous people. Over time more and more land has been taken by force. I don't consider anything the Bible says about the area to be relevant as I consider the Bible to be largely fiction and/or biased. What I care about is the real history of the people in the area and not what an ancient book says about who belongs there and what God wants for the area and the people.

Return to “Current Events & History”