• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

"No Country": Ophelia's introduction.

#47: April - May 2008 (Fiction)
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

"No Country": Ophelia's introduction.

Unread post

We decided to start the official discussion earlier than planned, because people we already discussing "No Country" and there seemed to be an interest.

I will call those threads (without Roman numerals) the informal discussion for the sake of clarity. Feel free to post wherever you wish...

The Roman numerals I use in my headings do not refer to parts of the book, they are for my own use and some of them are likely to change.

Chris told me that Roman numerals were less common in the US than in Europe. Does anybody have trouble reading those I use? If so, let me know.
There is a reason why I put questions in a certain order, and the RN are useful since the order in which the threads appear on the screen keeps changing.

Also, if I wanted my postings to appear in the right order on the screen I'd have to write all postings in reverse order, and this time I lack the necessary self-discipline.

When I refer to pages from the novel the edition I am using is the Vintage paperback, 2005 edition.

Naturally, feel free to add your own threads whenever you feel one is needed.

If you've been "lurking" for a while and wondering whether to take the plunge about this book, I encourage you to do so, your input will be valued, so come and join us!
Last edited by Ophelia on Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ophelia.
WildCityWoman
Genius

Unread post

It was a great story, Ophelia.

I am looking forward to reading 'The Road' now.

The writer has hooked me with this novel.

Return to “No Country for Old Men - by Cormac McCarthy”