• In total there are 36 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

My New Book and the Universal House of Justice Message to Baha'is: April 2010

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
RonPrice
Eligible to vote in book polls!

My New Book and the Universal House of Justice Message to Baha'is: April 2010

Unread post

I posted an introduction to the paradigmatic shift in the Baha’i community, the new culture of learning and growth that is at the heart of this paradigm, nearly three years ago. I did this posting at several internet sites and have revised that post in these last three years as developments in the paradigm have come about, as new messages from Bahá'í institutions have been published and as many individuals have commented verbally and in print on this new Baha'i culture. It seemed like a good idea to give readers some specific steps on how to access this now revised article, what is now a book of more than 160,000 words and more than 350 pages and is found at Baha’i Library Online(BLO)--especially with the publication at Ridvan of 2010 of a 13,000 word message from the Universal House of Justice--one of the longest messages of the Formative Age since that charismatic Force was institutionalized in the Guardianship and, in 1963, effloesced in the apex of Baha'i administration

In the time this book has been on the internet there have been many thousand views of this analysis, this statement on the new paradigm at the few sites where it has been posted. In addition to googling “Baha’i Culture of Learning and Growth” and accessing this article in the process at several internet sites, readers can find this piece of writing at BLO by clicking on the following:

bahai-library.org/file.php?file=price_culture_learning_paradigm

Readers can also access the latest edition of this article at BLO by taking the following steps: (i) type Baha’i Library Online or Baha’i Academics Resource Library into your search engine; (ii) click on the small box “By author” at the top of the access page at BLO; (iii) type “Price” into the small box that then appears and click on the word “Go;” and then (iv) scroll down to article/document item #47 and (v) click on that item and read to your heart’s content. When your eyes and your mind start to glaze over, stop reading. The article can be downloaded free and you will then have access to this book, this context for all this new paradigmatic terminology that has come into the Baha’i community in the last 15 years with at least a preliminary inetegration of relevant passages from the latest House message.

My statement, my book, is a personal one, does not assume an adversarial attitude, attempts to give birth of as fine an etiquette of expression as I can muster and, I like to think, possesses both candour and critical thought on the one hand and praise and delight at the many interrelated processes involved in the execution of this paradigm on the other. I invite readers to what I also like to think is “a context on which relevant fundamental questions” regarding this new paradigm may be discussed within the Baha’i community. But, in the end, my writing, my words and all of the quotations I place in contexts to illustrate what I want to illustrate--amount to my initial take on this new Baha'i paradigm. My book possesses no authority. Indeed, such a remark hardly needs saying.

This book contains, as I emphasize, an update, an inclusion of commentary on the most recent messages from the institutions of the Cause—with a special focus on the Ridvan message of 2010. One of the advantages of the BLO site is the freedom it gives to a writer to update the article right on the site in an ongoing process as new insights from major thinkers in the Baha’i community and information from the elected and appointed institutions of the Cause comes to hand. If time and the inclination permit, check it out. No worries, no obligation, just if it interests you. You may find the piece of writing too long as I’m sure many readers do. It is certainly a view from the inside, but it is just one person’s view building as it does on the ideas and writings of others: Bahá'í institutions and individuals. We each have a different experience on the inside of this paradigm, on the inside of this Faith or, indeed, living on the inside of our global society. You may find this book too personal due to the fact that I attempt to answer the question: “where do I fit into this new paradigm?” After a few paragraphs of reading, you will get the flavour of the exercise. Just keep reading if your mind and spirit are enjoying the process.
married for 48 years, a teacher for 32; an internal and external student for 32, a writer and editor for 16, as well as a Baha'i for 56(in 2015)
RonPrice
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Re: My New Book and the Universal House of Justice Message to Baha'is: April 2010

Unread post

For a 400 page commentary on the new Baha'i paradigm, the new culture of learning and growth go to: Reflections on a Culture of Learning and Growth: Community and ...
bahai-library.com/?file=price_culture_learning_paradigm
--------------------------------------------
The full title is: Reflections on a Culture of Learning and Growth: Community and Individual Paradigm Shifts: A Contemporary, Historical, Futuristic and Personal Context ...
--------------
You can also go to my website at: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/Babi.html
married for 48 years, a teacher for 32; an internal and external student for 32, a writer and editor for 16, as well as a Baha'i for 56(in 2015)

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”