• In total there are 36 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

bob talks Hell with youkrst.

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

bob talks Hell with youkrst.

Unread post

bob wrote:Well that is interesting. But please explain what you think hell is like? What are the ramifications of that place according to the Bible?
i dont believe in a literal hell bob.

i find the typical christian understanding of hell to be about the most offensive doctrine i have ever heard.

i would call it psychological terrorism, and to teach it to children is to me tantamount to child abuse.

but what about you bob

please explain what you think hell is like? What are the ramifications of that place according to the Bible?

this is the new thread so we don't clutter up the other one.
Last edited by youkrst on Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Re: bob talks Hell with youkrst.

Unread post

I didn't ask you if you believed in something.

That is rather obvious and redundant.

So I posed the question - What is hell like according to the Bible?

You have given me some minor conjecture and no specifics. But in a way that is more than fine because even believers don't properly paint the workings of hell.

You propose that it is some "pshychological terrorism." That is way to vague for a logical discussion.

So please elaborate to the workings of a hell environment.

It is a profound chapter in the book that deals with the issue if "hell is too much punishment for sinful mankind?" "Is it just over kill?" "Is such an environment too unfair for man to suffer for eternity?"

These are some of the ramifications covered in the book.

But I asked for your opinion or others. As usual, I will tell you if you are right or wrong, but will not give the full explanation found in the book.

I will give you a clue, but you still won't figure it out. You must go to Luke 16 for the Rich Man and Lazarus account.

Just to set the proper ramifications again, this account is accurate as Jesus used Lazarus name. The only reason the Rich Man's name is not given is to protect his name and family heritage.

So look at this passage and much truth will be given It proves that man could not write the Bible because of the complex workings of this passage.

Best of luck and good thinking!
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

Another great clue is hell is hell because of WHAT IT IS NOT!

Hell CONSISTS of what that DISTRESSES MAN the most!

What is that? NOTHING you have been told before!
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

bob wrote:I didn't ask you if you believed in something.
well you asked this
bob wrote:please explain what you think hell is like?
i answered
youkrst wrote:i dont believe in a literal hell bob.
it's hard to explain what i think something is like when i don't believe in it :wink:

but another way for me to explain is that hell for me is descending into your way of thinking.

when i put myself in your way of thinking that is like hell to me.

you also asked
bob wrote:What are the ramifications of that place according to the Bible?
no idea bob, i thought you might like to tell me. That's why i made this thread.

your idea of God seems mentally ill to me. I'm guessing your ideas about hell will be as warped as the rest of your posts seem to indicate.

again, as i always say, you i like, but your doctrine seems like utter crap.

but i could be wrong and here is another chance for you to prove it.

on a lighter note hell FOR some PEOPLE is readING SENTences WITH caps PLACED in STRANGE plACES :-D
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

bob i hope you don't mind me asking, but are you on psych meds?
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

No, but I do have sleep apnea.

I asked you what did the Bible say that hell is like?

Your repetitive and redundant statements of "I don't believe" is fruitless.

So you have know understanding of a Biblical hell instead of some "psychological terrorism."

So this would mean that God is inflicting what mental pain upon them? What purpose would this serve? Psychological pain for doing what? What would deem such torture?

I need your statements. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink

When I provide truth you just want to disagree because of your ignorance.

It is like disagreeing with Nuclear fission because you haven't seen its workings.

Very few people have experienced first hand what fission is like, but we all accept it.

Same with God! We don't experience the "fission" of God, but we do experience its outworkings.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

bob, i don't talk with you here on BT to play your retarded word games.

if you want to converse with me i'd be honoured but i'm not going to be the subject of your script.

indeed i am not going to be the subject of anybody's script :-D

the bible verses used to support the twisted mind crime of hell are open to interpretation.

you can make the bible say anything you want.

just by interpreting.

you want hell you got it

you want mercy you got it

you want universalism you got it.

you want exclusivism you got it

so bob

what do you think, preach hell brother, let us see just how sick and twisted your doctrine gets.

or let us see how sensible and WELL REASONED your doctrine is.
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

bob wrote:When I provide truth you just want to disagree because of your ignorance.
you mean

when bob makes unsupported outrageous claims youkrst just wants to disagree because youkrst is not an imbecile :yes:

why thanks for the compliment bob :-D
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

BTW: i am really enjoying chatting to you today whilst under the "prayer of discipline" where you prayed for your God to teach me some respect.

my Wife just brought me some delicious grapes and the weather is fine.

Donald Fagen is blitzing in the background and if life gets much better i will have to assume your prayers are not heard!

are you regarding iniquity in your heart bob?

if so, the bible says the Lord will not hear your prayers :-D
brother bob
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

See you just violated what I thought I got you to learn.

There are ABSOLUTE TRUTHS.

The Bible is not an option to manipulate and convolute into anything you want it to be. God delivered ABSOLUTE TRUTHS that is very difficult for man to figure out at times. But it is still absolute truth.

You see Youkrst, you don't want a book that is simplex like Green Eggs and Ham. You want a book that is simplex and complex at the same time. If the Bible was so simplex you would not have any appreciation for its content. But when a SIMPLEX/COMPLEX book is clearly explained you will have a potentially greater appreciation for its content.

And no your ignorance is not because of your lack of being compliable. It is because your are ignorant - you don't know the facts! Pure and simple.

It is my desire to make those concepts understandable to you.

You see that is the case of the book. No person who is on trial is declared innocent or guilty on one single point of evidence. God cannot be tried by a singular point of argumentation. You must see the total evidence before coming to a conclusion. The problem is you want to argue every point instead of letting the evidence rest and determine the validity of the evidence at the END.
Last edited by brother bob on Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”