• In total there are 38 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

The Next End Of The World: May 27, 2012

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

The Next End Of The World: May 27, 2012

Unread post

Yes, the year 2008 (especially the final month) will prove to be both the end and the beginning of “God’s final witness” to mankind. God inspired that very title of a book to reflect His timing for ending the age of man’s self-rule on earth and giving witness of “why” His merciful judgment is so righteously justified for this final time. That book is 2008 – God’s Final Witness.

By the end of 2008, God ended all His warnings to mankind. The history of 6,000 years of testimony—of God’s true word—of His true witness to mankind, about mankind, had been fully established. And since the end of 2008, “God’s final witness” of that 6,000-year record is being fully established—fully recorded for all time through unfolding events that culminate on May 27, 2012.

Ronald Weinland
11/8/11
http://www.ronaldweinland.com/
Unfortunately Ronald Weinland may not see the end of the world as a free man. The local paper has this article about his tax problems.
Ronald Weinland thinks the world is coming to an end on May 27, 2012, but federal authorities say that is no excuse for not paying taxes.

An indictment handed down Thursday claims Weinland diverted money from an Internet-based ministry operated out of his home in the Union subdivision of Triple Crown. Some of the money was transferred to a Swiss bank account in Weinland's name, according to court records.

...Weinland faces up to five years in prison if found guilty of five counts of tax evasion. The indictment claims he evaded $357,065 in taxes from 2004 through 2008.

11/11/11
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2011 ... RONTPAGE|p
OooOops, just like Camping, Weinland has already missed at least one date.
Ronald Weinland, author of "2008 God's Final Witness", claims to be a Prophet of the God of Abraham and one of the Two End-Time Witnesses prophesied in Revelation 11. After the failures of his prophecies for specific dates such as April 17, 2008 for the beginning of the Great Tribulation leading to the return of Jesus Christ in 2011, Weinland changed to a new timeline that restarted the Great Tribulation on December 14, 2008 with the return of Jesus on the eve of May 27, 2012.

http://ronaldweinland.info/
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Re: The Next End Of The World: May 27, 2012

Unread post

Holy Crap 8) looks like some of the Camping group may be joining the Weinland group in listing 5/27/12 or there 'bouts as the end of the world. I can't tell if there are more than just "Brother Mike" below. He's using the timeline of Noah's flood to predict the end of the world - sheesh what a deluded loonie...
Adding 56 and 57 days to April 5, 2012 and April 3, 2012, respectively, when God's people (Noah) will have removed the covering of the Ark and saw dry ground comes to May 31, 2012 assuming a 30 day a month calendar or May 30, 2012 assuming a Gregorian equivalent calendar* in the days of Noah when God's people will finally step on the dry ground of heaven.

Could May 31, 2012 or May 30, 2012 be the day in which we go to heaven and the world ends?

http://www.may-212011.com/Date_Calculat ... 21_Me.html
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

He just can't let it go. You would think that at some point - after a certain amount of failed date setting - it would become obvious that at the very minimum no one can use the bible to set a date for the end of the world. After this episode next May, I'm sure they'll gather around the errant Mayan calendar winter solstice date and find some way to blend Campings flood theology with it. And after that failure, who knows what's next or if there will even be another dating attempt?
Last edited by tat tvam asi on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

:bump:

Folks, there are only about 5 weeks left to get your act together!
:P :twisted: :lol:
:drama:
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

Expiate your sins now! The End of the World is this Sunday!

:P :yesmaster: :wtf2:
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

It just gets scarier and scarier each time the world doesn't end.

so scary.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Doulos
Asleep in Reading Chair

Unread post

Dang. I better get tickets to Men In Black 3 before the 27th then. Sony Pictures is going to be seriously pissed, as this will affect their opening week numbers!
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

This is weird in that after mouthing off about 5/27/12 for years, at the last moment Ronald Weinland says Christ's return was actually scheduled for 5/26. Oh well, at least he is owning up to it (to some extent) immediately instead of hiding away for a time like Harold Camping and his followers did. However it doesn't sound like this fool is giving up on the possibility of predicting Christ's return, as Camping has finally done.
We have believed that Jesus Christ would begin his return in the atmosphere of this earth today, the Sabbath day of May 26th. We have believed this to be a matter of timing for sundown in Jerusalem toward the end of May 26th. As I write this, that time is just about here and nothing has begun in the world that would signal the need or purpose for that reality—Christ’s return.

...For the sake of all God’s people, I hope that there is not more we must learn concerning Christ’s return, but it appears we likely do have more to “see.”

...The expression that best describes some of my emotion and empathy toward God’s Church at this time is that of a “heavy heart.” Though many ridicule and shake their head in disbelief of what we have published for this world over the past few years, and they will undoubtedly become worse after this time, I understand their disbelief.

... As I consider these truths, I understand the outrage that some will manifest by these words.

...So candidly, I am disappointed that Jesus Christ hasn’t begun his return.

Ronald Weinland 5/26/12
http://www.ronaldweinland.com/
Wait! Now I get it! This was all an elaborate metaphysical scheme to avoid paying taxes! (The indictment was previously reported above.)
A Union, KY minister is predicting Jesus Christ will return to Earth on May 27, 2012, more than a week before his federal trial on June 4 for tax evasion. Ronald E. Weinland was indicted November 10, 2011 by a federal grand jury for attempting to evade thousands of dollars in income taxes. The indictment alleges Ronald E. Weinland, 62, attempted to evade taxes in the amount of $357,065 over a period of five years starting in 2005.

Weinland's alleged acts of evasion included filing tax returns, understating his gross income, using church funds for personal expenses and failing to claim those funds as income on his income tax returns, and failing to report the existence of a bank account in Switzerland. He also allegedly failed to report any interest made on that account as income.

http://www.fox19.com/story/18599234/chu ... -of-christ
:practicepreach: :laugh2: :greedy:
tat tvam asi
Reading Addict

Unread post

Another "Great Douche-Appointment!!!"
Last edited by tat tvam asi on Sun May 27, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Wait...

it all makes sense now!!

FOLLOW ME TO ARMAGEDDON!!

http://www.booktalk.org/lets-get-the-se ... 12709.html
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”