• In total there are 36 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Believing in yourself is half the battle

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Book Fanatic
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Believing in yourself is half the battle

Unread post

ok..... so I used to never believe in much religion, didn't think it fit who i was..... but i wanted to understand it better.... so i went to the church to christ to see how it is..... the atmosphere, the people, it seemed pretty cool, so i went a couple more times, but i realized that a lot of them are obsessed with that religion, .... i mean 24/7, that was one of the major things that bothered me ..... then they had all these rules at that time, that you can't date anyone outside the church, or have friends outside the church, .... that really tuned me out, so i decided to not believe in anything for a while and just focus on myself ,.... but i would also research all the other religions and see if anything catches my eye.... so after researching for a long time ( 4 months) I found a religion that fits who I am....... Buddhism..... Mind, Body, & Soul.... Meditation, Focus,. This Religion inspired me, because it fits who I am..... i respect everyone in their choices on religion and hope that they respect my choices.............. if anyone agrees or disagrees with me please let me know, I would love to hear them............... until next time

Blessed be Everyone
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Believing in yourself is half the battle

Unread post

I suppose if you feel the desire or need to be involved with a religion Buddhism is the least intellectually harmful and probably the most peaceful of the major world religions.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”