• In total there are 15 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 15 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

The Waiting

#44: Feb. - Mar. 2008 (Fiction)
teacherlady
Getting Comfortable

The Waiting

Unread post

What purpose might there be for Marlow's long (three month) wait to get his steamboat fixed and on the river? What symbolism do you see in this?
trwong4
Official Newbie!

Re: The Waiting

Unread post

I think Marlow's purpose is that he didn't want to leave or someone was messing with him and wanted him to check out that area where he was stuck.
anwong27
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I think that Marlow might be stalling time to fix his steam boat because he wants to explore the place more and doesnt want to leave yet, he probably wants to see more and want adventure. :shock:
momonstersaayys
Official Newbie!

Unread post

He probably is curious and wants to seek out the place and look around to feed his mind! haa got it**pounds taable**
sumlostboi415
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Edmond 5th - Marlow seeks for a deeper expedition into the unknown, though there are many things he still didn't encounter yet, he is feeling that he is getting more and more closer to the heart of darkness. There was a symbolism that relates to the ship and it is that only the ship can travel to the empty map piece and that he is still not there yet. It takes time for him and his people to fix the ship and he lacks the time to last any longer in that area because of all the things he is seeing.
LydiaL
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I think Marlow's curiosity took over him and that he wanted to see what happens and the things he will face if he continues along the path he has chosen.
keenechan
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Hello Ms. Cossic.How was class today?Im sorry for being quiet today at class. But yeah I think that Marlows lon wait to fix her boat was that she had a hard time to find the right stuffs to use on his steamboat. The symbbolism i notice is the steamboat and how its life or death for him.ok well goodbye now. :D :) :shock: :lol: :x :blush: :roll:
cookie_monsta

Unread post

hi its cookie :shuriken:
genki247
Official Newbie!

Unread post

um i think that Marlow waiting is symbolism for a stall for time. He's trying to think things through of what he is doing and what his next move is in this journey as a wanderer.
Jofigueras
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I think marlow wants adventure and knew if his steamboat got fixed he would return to his normal life

Return to “Heart of Darkness - by Joseph Conrad”