• In total there are 5 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

The Nickel-Plated Beauty by Patricia Beatty

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
larsenreviews

The Nickel-Plated Beauty by Patricia Beatty

Unread post

Exceptional is the book that evokes genuine laughter from the entire family. If you're on the hunt for an authentic, humorous, and touching family read-aloud, look no further than The Nickel-Plated Beauty. Not once, not twice, but at least four times my mom read this book to us. Set in Washington State in 1886, it tells the story of the Kimbal kids, who order their mother a new, shiny, nickel-plated cookstove for Christmas, keep it a secret, and spend their summer and fall working hard to try to pay for it. The story is well-written and heartwarming, but I think the number one draw for our family was how true-to-life the siblings and their relationships with one another were. They fought hard, worked hard, played hard. They were so normal and hilarious and predictable. They argued over stupid things. But when they needed to, they pulled together with an unbreakable will to succeed. Through thick and thin we followed this motley crew on their adventures and mishaps. We grew to love each character, and with the rereads came favorite chapters and scenes.

If you'd like to read more of my reviews, visit my book review website: http://larsenreviews.org
Attachments
4001645-L.jpg
4001645-L.jpg (14 KiB) Viewed 580 times

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”