• In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 726 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 am

Anyone interested in discussing this book? Cutting for Stone: A Novel by Abraham Verghese

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Sue Salisbury
Getting Comfortable

Anyone interested in discussing this book? Cutting for Stone: A Novel by Abraham Verghese

Unread post

Though initially I wondered if I was going to like this book, I couldn’t have been more mistaken. It was my inattention that was the problem, so I started it again and now love this book.

Has anyone else read this who would like to discuss it? I’m still reading, but it has a wealth of very real, unique characters (folks you would want to know), fascinating events, medical knowledge, Christianity, vivid imaging, and beautiful language. Abraham Verghese is a physician, so the medical knowledge in the book is accurate and linked naturally in the story.

I thought after I finished, “ The Book Thief” by Markus Zuzak, I might not ever find another book I liked as much as that one, but this one is in the same class.

Sue Salisbury
Maui Hawaii
Sue Salisbury
Maui Hawaii
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Re: Anyone interested in discussing this book? Cutting for Stone: A Novel by Abraham Verghese

Unread post

I would be interested in discussing this. Let's see if we can get it accepted for the June Fiction read.
Sue Salisbury
Getting Comfortable

Re: Anyone interested in discussing this book? Cutting for Stone: A Novel by Abraham Verghese

Unread post

Lindad_Amato. Sounds like a great idea. I'll suggest it. Thanks.
Sue Salisbury
Maui Hawaii

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”