• In total there are 35 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Subculture by Charles Anthony Vilina

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Vilina
Official Newbie!

Subculture by Charles Anthony Vilina

Unread post

Dear friends,
I'm a relatively new fiction author who has just published a new novel on Amazon Kindle. It is a self-published effort, mostly due to my frustration at finding an individual in the industry willing to read even a page or two of my manuscript. I'm surprised and deeply grateful to the reading community out there, who has been willing to consider my work despite my relative obscurity.

The title of my novel is Subculture. Although it's a murder mystery, my efforts to create lasting characters has prompted some readers to consider it something more like literary fiction. I'm balancing a fine line between the two genres, but it may not be the perfect thriller novel for those used to non-stop action from page one.

More importantly, Subculture is a novel that explores how each of us, in every corner of the world, chooses to deal with those whose values, beliefs, and actions are different from our own. I make no attempt to find a solution to the issue, but I do hope that the story offers a small opportunity for us to discuss it. Subculture is not about who is right or wrong, or good or bad. Perhaps it's about our willingness to see ourselves as truly connected with everyone else on the planet.

I'm a writer, not a marketer, but I would like to mention that on the weekend of February 3-5th I offered Subculture as a free download on Amazon. During those three days it rose to the #1 spot on the Amazon Kindle Thriller category for free titles, and up to #5 among all its free fiction titles. I do hope you can give it a look on Amazon Kindle -- just type in my last name, which is unusual enough (Vilina) -- and I do look forward to your comments. In this business, the reader is golden, and always will be.

Best wishes,

Charles Anthony Vilina
author, Subculture
Rajesh
Wearing Out Library Card

Re: Subculture by Charles Anthony Vilina

Unread post

Congrats Charles !!
Welcome to Booktalk!! :)
“Her blood is settled, and her joints are stiff;
Life and these lips have long been separated:
Death lies on her like an untimely frost
Upon the sweetest flower of all the field.”
grim2014
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Agitated because the whole review I wrote just got deleted so I guess I'll try this again in a much condensed form... I really enjoyed your book and I'm happy I caught it in the three day window you had it up for free or I would have not downloaded thence I would not have gotten the pleasure of reading it. It was very engrossing start to to ending in the arms of Troy. and I found the spin idea of Christianity protrayed through Marsha while in the courtroom very interesting. I never thought to think of Christianity that way. I loved my mind being opened in that way. :D
Vilina
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Grim, thanks so much for your comments. I do appreciate hearing from you. I'm most gratified that the story opened a window for you.
Best wishes, and happy reading!
Charles

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”