• In total there are 33 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 33 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

The Notebook

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Anika1288
Getting Comfortable

The Notebook

Unread post

Hi, well I have read many books and didn't have any idea how to start on booktalk as I am a newcomer until a few hours back. I thought that perhaps instead of starting a new thread of my own I should first go through other people's post to get some idea but now when I write this I found no reason to stop myself from dedicating a new thread to one of the excellent books that I ever read in my life till this point. People must have already discussed about this book I am quite sure but I had to share what i think about this fantastic story. It's no other book but The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. A friend had recommended me this book once few months ago when she realized that I was fond of reading Romance novels (probably because I mentioned the Mills and Boon tag to her in my reading list). But at that time I dismissed her recommendation telling her that I was too tired of romance as the same situation was being repeated in every love story that I read. But how was I to know at that time that a writer can have such an ability to describe the feeling of love in written words in such a way that you can't help but wonder the enormous power that human emotions can have on circumstances and situations that is almost miraculous and that you are forced to conclude that it's nothing short of the work of the Almighty Himself in developing such a deep connection between two souls that is almost heavenly. The Notebook describes such a relationship between Noah and Allie and you can't help but long for similar blessings in your own life.
I used to read the love stories just to change the topic and not to be bored with similar themes. But soon I got bored with them and couldn't find any pleasures in reading them as they seem to drift in the same course with different backgrounds.
Then I came across The Notebook which absolutely redifined the meaning of falling in love. I just had the notion of love as being between mother and her offspring but I had no idea how was it to take place between a man and a woman and what exactly happens when one falls in love and why all of the attention most of the time was on love between two strangers that meet one day and declare themselves to be one and why everywhere whether in books or movies love has since long remained the permanent topic. I had no answers to these questions and probably satisfied myself by believing that I couldn't fathom the mysteries of the powerful emotion called love because I myself never experienced it and I think its a logical answer. But then falling in love has remained something that happens only in movies and books and has got no connection with reality which seems far from heavenly. But since reading The Notebook somehow the author clarified all my doubts inspite of this being again a fictional book. The way the emotions have been described leave no doubt in the hearts of the readers what exactly is called falling in love and why it is considered so powerful. It is a very different and enlightening love story that is a must read by everyone especially for those who already have found such a partner because it will make them fall in love all over again. I do not know how the adapted movie is but without watching even it's trailer I can say for certain that a movie cannot move the viewers as much as the written words can their readers as they make an entry deep into the reader's heart.
With Regards,
~~Anika~~
"Just the words themselves make me look at the world differently."
Erin71
Official Newbie!

Re: The Notebook

Unread post

Thank you for enlightening me about "The Notebook". I didn't get a chance to see the movie but the book sounds wonderful.
Anika1288
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

It is my pleasure. The movie looks like an ordinary love story (I saw the trailers) but the book will definitely move you.
With Regards,
~~Anika~~
wilde
Kindle Fanatic

Unread post

The movie is definitely one of my favorites. I usually don't go for "romance" orientated books or movies, but I enjoyed The Notebook in both cases.
Big bright accent, catty smile
Oscar Wilde confrontation
Ah, live like it's the style.

Shelfari!
Anika1288
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Well yeah I will go for the movie too.
With Regards,
~~Anika~~
kelstan

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Intern

Unread post

Anika, if you liked The Notebook, you might want to try Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson. It is a beautiful, sort of magical, love story. I thought it was wonderful.

From Amazon:
Jane Margaux is a lonely little girl. Her mother, a powerful Broadway producer, makes time for her only once a week, for their Sunday trip to admire jewelry at Tiffany's. Jane has only one friend: a handsome, comforting, funny man named Michael. He's perfect. But only she can see him. Michael can't stay forever, though. On Jane's ninth birthday he leaves, promising her that she'll soon forget him. Years later, in her thirties, Jane is just as alone as she was as a child. And despite her own success as a playwright, she is even more trapped by her overbearing mother. Then she meets someone-a handsome, comforting, funny man. He's perfect. His name is Michael . . .
League_god
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I was absolutely moved by the notebook. For several years after I read and watched it, I thought that I would never be able to enjoy another love story ever again. I was convinced it's brilliance would be unsurpassed. How wrong I was.

The Bronze Horseman - Paullina Simons
Will knock. you. off. your. feet.

It is amazing and better yet, it's the first book of a trilogy.
Anika1288
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

kelstan wrote:Anika, if you liked The Notebook, you might want to try Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson. It is a beautiful, sort of magical, love story. I thought it was wonderful.

From Amazon:
Jane Margaux is a lonely little girl. Her mother, a powerful Broadway producer, makes time for her only once a week, for their Sunday trip to admire jewelry at Tiffany's. Jane has only one friend: a handsome, comforting, funny man named Michael. He's perfect. But only she can see him. Michael can't stay forever, though. On Jane's ninth birthday he leaves, promising her that she'll soon forget him. Years later, in her thirties, Jane is just as alone as she was as a child. And despite her own success as a playwright, she is even more trapped by her overbearing mother. Then she meets someone-a handsome, comforting, funny man. He's perfect. His name is Michael . . .
Thanks for the suggestion. I will surely go for it. :)
With Regards,
~~Anika~~
Anika1288
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

League_god wrote:I was absolutely moved by the notebook. For several years after I read and watched it, I thought that I would never be able to enjoy another love story ever again. I was convinced it's brilliance would be unsurpassed. How wrong I was.

The Bronze Horseman - Paullina Simons
Will knock. you. off. your. feet.

It is amazing and better yet, it's the first book of a trilogy.
Really, thanks a lot for your suggestion I will certainly go for it. :)
With Regards,
~~Anika~~

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”