• In total there are 36 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Robert Pirsig books!

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
abelryan

Robert Pirsig books!

Unread post

I am a new member and looking forward to getting back into my Robert Pirsig books. In perusing the past discussion threads I was surprised he has not had a cult following or his own discussions given the depth of his metaphysical philosophy set against the real-life metaphors his semi- autobiographical protagonist, Phaedrus, encounters on two separate trips.

The topics of values, morals and the innate drive for human potential towards a Quality that defies our traditional understanding of such concepts is timely material and pertinent to our global recession and comprehension of where the bus we call science has dropped us off and kept going. He does not argue against science in the least- but against the assumed authority the static and the rational have come to command over our hearts and intellect.

Anyhow, if you could not tell I am a fan, and his works have definitely moved me to the point that I am compelled to have a pencil in hand to annotate each time I pick up his novels. If you can picture the crazy guy glued to his book and underlining on the metro rail- that might be me :blush:

Thanks for your consideration and please comment if you support the idea! Looking forward to the forum topics in general. Seems like a great place for the contemplative reader to find good dialogue.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Re: Robert Pirsig books!

Unread post

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance would be a good fiction selection.
R. LeBeaux
Wearing Out Library Card

Re: Robert Pirsig books!

Unread post

I agree. I have just finished rereading "Zen," which is something I do every few years, and will probably reread "Lila" in the coming months.
Author of the novel Then Again - An Adventure in Time Travel
amazon.com/Then-Again-Adventure-Time-Tr ... f_=asap_bc
http://www.wmpublishing.com/

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”